1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769
771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780
Next

Last
  1. macrocheesium
    There were some spectacular vocal sections on the album, especially in Because it's There. "Somebody" was my favorite but Atlas Stone was close.

2. MorbidToaster

Many years ago I bought the third HBB comp and enjoyed it. Tons of good stuff there.

I actually used to buy Metal for the Masses comps and Metal = Life comps. They turned me on to a lot of good stuff around 10 years ago. Orphaned Land, Dark Tranquility, Shadows Fall, In Flames, and Immolation to name a few.

I had heard of some of these but the complilations made me delve deeper. I dig out some of the CDs the other day.

Good times.

3. wrathzombie

My attraction with Because its there is that 1:52, they make this effects with guitar.. I just love that. I have to admit but now that I am drunk. I love this album. This will feature in my best of list for 2013 and I wish I had a record player and **** load of LPs.

Today is Onam and special wishes to the following Dudes(In case any of you is a female, my apologies for calling you dudes)

- RedCarMoose
    - Souprknowa
    - Marocheesium
    - Origin89
    - Trogdor
    - Ferday
    - Keepitsimple
    - Kirnupimma
    - MorbidToaster
    - Blackend Plague
    - Tom Yoom Gung
    - THE DUTCH DUDE who is associated with CARACH ANGREN.

ona6h.jpg

This song is dedicated to all you guys. Original song from the land of Onam.

4. BLACKENEDPLAGUE
    And cheers to you as well sir!

tea.jpg

5. Trogdor

Why thank you! Btw, I've always thought that the stories and imagery behind Indian religion are very metal! :beerchug:

6. Origin89
    That's pretty sweet. Thanks, Wrath.

7. macrocheesium
    Thanks wrathzombie! I enjoyed the song, too. 

Dream Theater lossless leaked this morning. [​IMG]

8. Tom Yum Goong
    Hey, thanks!

Have some more music from India :)

9. Tom Yum Goong
    So I accidently listened to the leaked Dream Theater album and....I have to say I am pretty pleased with it :)
    A lot of awesome material on it. At least as good as their last album (forgot the name♥) if not better.
    I don't know why, but to me it also sounded kind of more heavy.
    The last track Ilumination Theory seals the deal for me. This album is going to get bought.

10. John In Cali
    So damn Pinkish Black is playing at LA's The Echo in October, with Kylesa and Sierra, not really sure yet about the other bands(listening now). But I'm hoping to go to this, even good ticket prices. Pinkish Black's recent release that is on their bandcamp is pretty great.(hat tip to whoever posted that like two weeks ago I think).
    Also ASIWYFA, TTNG, and Mylets are playing a week before that. Probably not Satan worshipping enough for you guys, but I like myself some Sargent House.

11. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

lol'ed

12. ferday

hey thanks Wrath, really cool song too!

13. Trogdor

You sir, are welcome! Its been on repeat for quite a while.

14. macrocheesium
    I'd say that the new Dream Theater album is somewhat fresh. False Awakening Suite, Enigma Machine, The Bigger Picture, and Surrender to Reason had parts that stood out, but the rest were more or less typical DT. Illumination Theory felt more like several songs stitched together than one consistent piece, but it had a few great moments. I can't help but think they just wanted to include a "long song" to please the prog folks, though. Overall it was more of a step in a new direction than ADTOE, but I'm still waiting to hear something new and incredible from them. I know I keep emphasizing that, but they've been playing practically the same material for 10 years. =/

15. Origin89

Me and Satan aren't on talking terms right now. He's been ticking me off sending all these demons for me to babysit.... So I'll check out that artists.

First

Back
760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769
771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780
Next

Last