1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768
770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779
Next

Last
  1. wrathzombie
    cover_3338102062013_r.jpg

I was never able to fully get into Haken's older albums but this one is Oh my Oh my. I heard it on youtube and seems to be a fairly decent recorded album. 

P.S. I know this was mentioned earlier.

2. macrocheesium
    "Decent" is right... Visions was beautiful. This one unfortunately is squashed in comparison.

3. Redcarmoose

4. Redcarmoose
    Sorry

5. Redcarmoose
    Sorry

6. Redcarmoose
    Sorry[

7. SoupRKnowva

I had just assumed he was being funny [​IMG] cause obviously everyone has heard The Sound of Perseverance by Death

8. SoupRKnowva
    I dunno why it's not on youtube, but this is easily my favorite Anciients song http://anciientriffs.bandcamp.com/track/faith-and-oath

9. Origin89

I'll check this out. I wasn't able to get into their older stuff either, but I'm curious about this. 

10. mongol

I should have this next week, along with Colored Sands by Gorguts and Dream Theater's new CD the following week.

11. krtzer
    Hey Wrathzombie, 

I just checked out the album and it's pretty good. I've been putting off them for a while mostly because I didn't really like Visions. The picture on this albums is great too. Colored Sands just didn't do it for me. I'll take another listen sometime soon but I'm not a fan of the way the album sounded. And those of us who have speakers, could you guys point me to a brand or two for metal? PM is fine since it kinda leaves the scope of this thread and forum. 

12. wrathzombie

Exactly, I think after listening to this for a while. It would be good to revisit Aquarius and Visions. I think it would make more sense then. Someday, hopefully I hope I can get into DT as well.

13. wrathzombie
    I wanted to ask this to fellow metalheads. Once upon a time, I had gotten disconnected from metal and then I bought the following compilation on cassette. One of the last casettes that I bought. I discoverd Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying etc through this one compilation. Honestly, this is the one album which got me back into metal.. Any one else who found this one interesting..

mtv2-head-bangers-ball-front-cover-3703.jpg

14. macrocheesium
    Probably my least favorite song from the album, but the video is great.

15. wrathzombie
    This is my favorite and I dont hate the above song and for some reason, I thought it was a Gentle Giant cover.

First

Back
759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768
770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779
Next

Last