Lets Talk Metal
Jan 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #796 of 29,637
I've finally got Panopticon and In the Absence...vinyl reissues on Robotic Empire records, Panopticon came with an alternate cover, anybody else has this one ? Mine is a double LP press on blue/black splatter vinyl.

In The absence came in nice clear vinyl...i'm afraid i won't have much spare time to listen to both in the next few days, the'll both rest unlistened for a while.

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #797 of 29,637
Had to bring this up, im listening to Aenima for the first time with my jh-13's and this album is f@cking amazing!! well produced music with actual dynamic range really is brilliant
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #799 of 29,637
Holy crap! Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death is going to be re-released in its very original form (no remastering apparently that powerplay reissue had), possibly with 2 unreleased new songs!

Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives :: View topic - New Morbid Saint Songs??

Hopefully these new songs also lead to the revival of Morbid Saint. One of my fav Thrash bands ever. This band should have had more exposure originally, but their timing couldnt have been worse with Thrash dying and all... Perhaps now that thrash revival is going on and whole band is a cult classic nowadays, perhaps they have better luck this time?

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #800 of 29,637
Awesome news! I don't have a physical copy of that album yet, so it looks like this is the version to get. Spectrum of Death along with Epidemic of Violence by Demolition Hammer are the two finest slabs of brutal thrash ever recorded IMO.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #804 of 29,637
So after many more listenings including right now, i think im realizing that genesis by Job for a Cowboy is actually better than Ruination...does anyone else feel the same way? I know the lyrics in ruination are much less stereotypically metal, but i still like genesis much more.

On a side note, kudos to metal Blade for sticking with better SQ than most, i dont think i have a single Metal Blade record that sounds bad. Way better than 10,00 days by tool...

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #805 of 29,637
Haven't heard all of Ruination, but I did like genesis album. The guitar riffs had their complexity.

BTW listened to some of Flaming Tusk songs. Not bad. Will have to listen again to see if I get the album or I don't.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #807 of 29,637
Well I like it. Of course I'm a fan of SFU. They did an old favorite of mine which is Van Halen's "On Fire"...I love that tune. But yeah I like most every tune on there. It is an album of cover tunes but they are covers which meant a lot to the band and their development, supposedly. I thought GC 1 and 2 were good. I still enjoy GC 2 which is AC/DC's entire Back in Black album...lol...

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #808 of 29,637
Soilwork's new album will be called "The Panic Broadcast" and will have Peter Witchers back on guitar. "Sworn To A Great Divide" stunk, both in production and music, and I really hope this is a return to something like The Chainheart Machine. Or, it could be another "A Sense Of Purpose". We'll see. Soilwork really got me into Gothenburg style melodic death metal, and I hope its not yet another disappointment in a genre filled with a lot of bland crap lately.

Says Strid: More solos? - Check. Insane riffing? - Check. Melodic vocals? - Check. Screamy vocals? - Check. Progressive keyboards? - Check. Best metal drummer in the world? - Check. Flink dance while recording his bass tracks, like they were nothing? - Check.

(Murmaid - check. Murder - check.)

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #809 of 29,637
I like my 80s euro metal: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Accept. Nothing else matters to me.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #810 of 29,637
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I like it. Of course I'm a fan of SFU. They did an old favorite of mine which is Van Halen's "On Fire"...I love that tune. But yeah I like most every tune on there. It is an album of cover tunes but they are covers which meant a lot to the band and their development, supposedly. I thought GC 1 and 2 were good. I still enjoy GC 2 which is AC/DC's entire Back in Black album...lol...

Yea!! ****, i mean SFU for the win.

I'm diggin Eyes of Noctum's debut album Inceptum.

Looking forward to Carach Angren's new album Death Came Through A Phantom Ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back