Lets Talk Metal
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #7,546 of 28,048

Kirnupiima

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Posts
359
Likes
25
Quote:
Four more full LoC records still on hold but not yet released!
basshead.gif

You better not be kidding
blink.gif

Where'd you hear this? On the documentary he made it pretty clear there's no more coming since his muse for the project has passed away.
 
edit:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lurker_of_Chalice/37266
Oh okay. Doesn't unfortunately mean they'll be released. That interview quote was from '04.
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #7,547 of 28,048

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Posts
22,587
Likes
20,170
Location
.
Quote:
You better not be kidding
blink.gif

Where'd you hear this? On the documentary he made it pretty clear there's no more coming since his muse for the project has passed away.
 
edit:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lurker_of_Chalice/37266
Oh okay. Doesn't unfortunately mean they'll be released. That interview quote was from '04.

I have read it in two places, who really knows. He is releasing CDRs privately so maybe that's how it's being done.
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #7,548 of 28,048

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Posts
6,162
Likes
14
Quote:
I actually like Ihsahn quite a bit. His solo work is excellent, but I can guarantee he wasn't in the greatest place during his Emperor days. Come on, the band was affiliated with church burnings and one of the members was imprisoned for killing a dude. Now, I know his so called "satanist" title was more of a plight from conformity and the church, but the Black Metal scene was trying to fight ignorance with negativity. I don't like the church either, but I'm not gonna' go to the other extreme because that's just as useless as following the church.

 
 
I think you may be looking way too deeply into this. Metal has always been rebellious and extreme, be it Black Metal or Thrash Metal. Mostly by immature youngsters, honest and having a lot of things to say, but still quite immature and not seeing the whole picture. Even during the rise of Black Metal they were just normal (and maybe stupid) metalhead teens having fun and the crazies were quite few, but thanks to those few things got out of hand. Dead (very messed up kid, quite similar to Malefic. Commited suicide), Faust (the one who killed the homosexual man) and Varg Vikernes. (murdered Euronymous and was the main chuch burner) Samoth of Emperor was also part of the burnings, served his time (all 1.5 years), and is still in the scene making music.


Music had little to do with it, there were just few young crazies/idiots and things happened because they were crazy/idiots, not because they were inspired by the music or anything.
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #7,549 of 28,048

ferday

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Posts
1,203
Likes
93
Quote:
 
 
I think you may be looking way too deeply into this. Metal has always been rebellious and extreme, be it Black Metal or Thrash Metal. Mostly by immature youngsters, honest and having a lot of things to say, but still quite immature and not seeing the whole picture. Even during the rise of Black Metal they were just normal (and maybe stupid) metalhead teens having fun and the crazies were quite few, but thanks to those few things got out of hand. Dead (very messed up kid, quite similar to Malefic. Commited suicide), Faust (the one who killed the homosexual man) and Varg Vikernes. (murdered Euronymous and was the main chuch burner) Samoth of Emperor was also part of the burnings, served his time (all 1.5 years), and is still in the scene making music.


Music had little to do with it, there were just few young crazies/idiots and things happened because they were crazy/idiots, not because they were inspired by the music or anything.

maybe it's me but i think you're missing his point...he's not saying that they were inspired by music, but their music was inspired by their "negative" lifestyle.  note the quotes please...metal doesn't judge he he
 
i've seen a few documentaries on the early BM scene and i would not say that "all" of them were normal kids!  but if they were, they probably wouldn't have made the music, so everybody wins (except churches and all the dead guys 
evil_smiley.gif
 )
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #7,550 of 28,048

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Posts
6,162
Likes
14
Quote:
maybe it's me but i think you're missing his point...he's not saying that they were inspired by music, but their music was inspired by their "negative" lifestyle.  note the quotes please...metal doesn't judge he he
 
i've seen a few documentaries on the early BM scene and i would not say that "all" of them were normal kids!  but if they were, they probably wouldn't have made the music, so everybody wins (except churches and all the dead guys 
evil_smiley.gif
 )

 
 
Oh, now I see what he means.

And yeah, no extreme metalhead can truly be called "normal". What is messed up and repulsive to majority of people is interesting to us, or so I have found.
biggrin.gif

 
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #7,551 of 28,048

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Posts
6,162
Likes
14
Quote:
 
Yea, Striborg still doesn't seem at "peace," and Black Metal is primarily about diving into negativity. I'm conscious of the negative side of life, and I really don't like being around most people, but enveloping myself in that emotion is a downward spiral. You're just using your energy to fuel what's making you miserable. It's an illusion of power that you'll never have that way because you're really just a slave to your emotions at that point.

 
 
 
 
I missed this post. Now I understand your POV.  I would say that it depends on person and how the person listens the music. Despite my facepalm worthy oddball sense of humor that never stops I am a serious and negative person, and this kind of negative music simply speaks the "language" I understand, where as happy kind of music either does nothing or in worst case scenario annoys me due to its naivete (or so I see it as).
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #7,552 of 28,048

Origin89

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Posts
757
Likes
22
Quote:
I missed this post. Now I understand your POV.  I would say that it depends on person and how the person listens the music. Despite my facepalm worthy oddball sense of humor that never stops I am a serious and negative person, and this kind of negative music simply speaks the "language" I understand, where as happy kind of music either does nothing or in worst case scenario annoys me due to its naivete (or so I see it as).

 
I hear ya'. Different things click with different people. I try to find a balance in all of it, because too happy annoys me, as does too negative. So, I try to stay afloat somewhere in between. 
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #7,553 of 28,048

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Posts
1,683
Likes
138
Quote:
Well, except for the Striborg guy who does have his life quite straight. Not in complete isolation anymore (as he said, he realised its nothing but gateway to depression. Apparently early enough to stop it before it got out of hand, unlike...) and has wife and kids now. He just really needs to cut that screaming in caves crap, thats not healthy...
tongue.gif
Malefic on the other hands seems to be in quite bad shape, to the point that its actually frightening. And I though I was a hermit!
 
The part about Wrest being in Skate Or Die NES game box made me burst in laughter though. Amazing piece of information for us geeks though.

 
I was impressed by Malefic, even relate to what he was saying....
 
Nov 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #7,554 of 28,048

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Posts
6,162
Likes
14
Quote:
 
I was impressed by Malefic, even relate to what he was saying....

 
 
I do understand the way he feels completely. I do not have a very high opinion about general humanity either, and also have yearned for almost complete isolation myself. I guess thats why I feel his situation frightening because I see how that can get out of hand.
 
Nov 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #7,555 of 28,048

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Posts
1,683
Likes
138
Quote:
 
 
I do understand the way he feels completely. I do not have a very high opinion about general humanity either, and also have yearned for almost complete isolation myself. I guess thats why I feel his situation frightening because I see how that can get out of hand.

 
What I meant was, he didn't look scary or crazy.  A normal person speaking might get freaked out but I think most people are too scared to make an attempt to introspect or measure the depth of their feelings, thoughts and emotions like Malefic has done. He seemed disturbed but self aware.
 
Nov 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #7,557 of 28,048

Trogdor

Reviewer: Metal-Fi
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Posts
4,141
Likes
419
I do understand the way he feels completely. I do not have a very high opinion about general humanity either, and also have yearned for almost complete isolation myself. I guess thats why I feel his situation frightening because I see how that can get out of hand.


What I meant was, he didn't look scary or crazy.  A normal person speaking might get freaked out but I think most people are too scared to make an attempt to introspect or measure the depth of their feelings, thoughts and emotions like Malefic has done. He seemed disturbed but self aware.


"“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god."

-Aristotle
 
Nov 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #7,558 of 28,048

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Posts
1,683
Likes
138
Quote:
"“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god."
-Aristotle

 
 
I do not agree with this.
 
But I do agree that new KRALLICE IS AWESOME.. God bless bandcamp !!!
 
Nov 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #7,559 of 28,048

PFULMTL

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Posts
459
Likes
47
I've been jamming to this free album from Cloudyhead. There's no vocals, just instrumentals.
http://cloudyhead.bandcamp.com/
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top