Lets Talk Metal
Sep 26, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #7,036 of 28,048

unkle

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 13, 2012
Posts
329
Likes
33
Location
italy

 
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #7,038 of 28,048

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Posts
22,585
Likes
20,168
Location
.

 
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #7,039 of 28,048

samsquanch

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Posts
666
Likes
25
Quote:
[Agent Orange]

 
Do love me some Agent Orange.  Back in my travelin days, I wound up in Rochester, NY a local band there (17th Class) was playing their last show ever, the kids there were real into them, they were a great band.  Then during their set they started playing "Bloodstains," the kids went crazy and started circle pitting real hard, half way through the song a kid fell in front of the singer, which set up a chain reaction of other kids falling on top of him, once the pile was about 3 or 4 high, the rest of the people started running over the people like a small hill.  It was amazing, I really appreciated their devotion to a circle pit that would not allow them to stop to let people get back up.
 

 
Sep 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #7,040 of 28,048

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Posts
22,585
Likes
20,168
Location
.
Quote:
 
Do love me some Agent Orange.  Back in my travelin days, I wound up in Rochester, NY a local band there (17th Class) was playing their last show ever, the kids there were real into them, they were a great band.  Then during their set they started playing "Bloodstains," the kids went crazy and started circle pitting real hard, half way through the song a kid fell in front of the singer, which set up a chain reaction of other kids falling on top of him, once the pile was about 3 or 4 high, the rest of the people started running over the people like a small hill.  It was amazing, I really appreciated their devotion to a circle pit that would not allow them to stop to let people get back up.
 
 

I purchased the Bitchen Summer vinyl Ep where these songs first came from around 1980!
 
 

 
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #7,041 of 28,048

samsquanch

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Posts
666
Likes
25
Quote:
I purchased the Bitchen Summer vinyl Ep where these songs first came from around 1980!
 

 
Very nice, I've been trying to get an original copy of that for a while, but well, old punk records are expensive...  Irony.
 
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #7,042 of 28,048

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Posts
22,585
Likes
20,168
Location
.
Quote:
 
Very nice, I've been trying to get an original copy of that for a while, but well, old punk records are expensive...  Irony.

 
Looks like it's from 82.
 
http://www.discogs.com/Agent-Orange-Bitchin-Summer/release/617351
 
 
http://www.goodbadmusic.com/2012/05/21/agent-orange-bitchin-summer-posh-
boy-records-usa-1982/
 
Sep 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #7,043 of 28,048

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Posts
1,683
Likes
138
I can't believe I am saying this but this has to be my favorite album this year. Unless a stronger release shows up from now till end of this year. Oh boy I have been listening to this continously.
 

 
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #7,044 of 28,048

Trogdor

Reviewer: Metal-Fi
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Posts
4,141
Likes
419
I can't believe I am saying this but this has to be my favorite album this year. Unless a stronger release shows up from now till end of this year. Oh boy I have been listening to this continously.



No surprise from me. Its their best album since Viva. A gorgeous release.
 
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #7,045 of 28,048

yepimonfire

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Posts
586
Likes
27

****** yes.
 
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7,046 of 28,048

macrocheesium

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Posts
1,563
Likes
35
Quote:
I can't believe I am saying this but this has to be my favorite album this year. Unless a stronger release shows up from now till end of this year. Oh boy I have been listening to this continously.
 

 
Why can't you believe it? That was a fantastic album!
 
Sep 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #7,050 of 28,048

Azathoth

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Posts
1,681
Likes
17
Quote:
 
I agree completely, this, Gojira, and Be'Lakor's cds are all three fighting for my favorite of the year, but based on listening time alone, it would go to Katatonia by a mile, amazing cd, better than either of the last two

 
At first I didn't quite take to the new Katatonia album, as Night is the New Day had more of an immediacy to it that I got into right away. But it's definitely a grower, I'm now enjoying it immensely and apart from a minor gripe ("First Prayer" doesn't really go anywhere, they could have left that off) i'd say it's in the running for my 2012 best of list as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top