Lets Talk Metal
Oct 8, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #28,006 of 29,565
Only in a strange twist of reality does the new BRT album beat out the 2021 Cannibal Corpse release. How is that, I wonder?
961262-1.jpg

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #28,009 of 29,565
6EE3F6F2-B51C-443E-8A57-F19404887689.jpeg

No one liked Gore Obsessed? I always thought it was the start of the new sound. Oh well.

Oct 12, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #28,010 of 29,565

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #28,011 of 29,565
6EE3F6F2-B51C-443E-8A57-F19404887689.jpeg

No one liked Gore Obsessed? I always thought it was the start of the new sound. Oh well.

I'm surprised at how consistently low Vile ranks. I always thought it was a great album. Memorable tracks and Corpsegrinder at his peak.

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #28,012 of 29,565
I'm surprised at how consistently low Vile ranks. I always thought it was a great album. Memorable tracks and Corpsegrinder at his peak.
Vile is low on the lists, actually (sorry)....I don’t remember it? I’m thinking though that the lists are pretty good? With at least Kill, and The Bleeding being up top? The Skeletal Domain seems like it was popular by a few who gave it interest when it came out? But not these guys. Red Before Black gets very little love, as maybe too generic? The Wretched Spawn gets well deserved accolades! That album is ground breaking. The Bleeding I’ve only just come to really appreciate for how it’s done! It’s so good! Though I’m surprised how high the new one is with these guys? Also it’s interesting to listen to them talk about the sound of the first two releases, as I feel the same way! Too thin, no dynamics, can’t even play em. I remember buying the remasters of the first two back in the day.......still complete failures sound wise! IMO

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #28,013 of 29,565
Noltem

E9F3416F-B61E-4517-AA0D-9819541DF0F8.jpeg

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #28,015 of 29,565
Oct 14, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #28,016 of 29,565
Vile is low on the lists, actually (sorry)....I don’t remember it? I’m thinking though that the lists are pretty good? With at least Kill, and The Bleeding being up top? The Skeletal Domain seems like it was popular by a few who gave it interest when it came out? But not these guys. Red Before Black gets very little love, as maybe too generic? The Wretched Spawn gets well deserved accolades! That album is ground breaking. The Bleeding I’ve only just come to really appreciate for how it’s done! It’s so good! Though I’m surprised how high the new one is with these guys? Also it’s interesting to listen to them talk about the sound of the first two releases, as I feel the same way! Too thin, no dynamics, can’t even play em. I remember buying the remasters of the first two back in the day.......still complete failures sound wise! IMO
I am about to embark on a Corpse-athon, will be interesting to see how much I agree with these rankings at the end. Their first two releases were indeed terrible sound wise but then again they were a young band with a less than ideal budget.

PS. On that last point... I don't know if you managed to listen to the latest Mr. Bungle album, which is essentially a re-recording of their first demo album. That got me thinking... why is this not a more widespread practice? Why couldn't Corpse re-record Eaten Back To Life with Rutan as a producer and Corpsegrinder as the vocalist and give it to us in a lovely updated form?

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #28,017 of 29,565
I am about to embark on a Corpse-athon, will be interesting to see how much I agree with these rankings at the end. Their first two releases were indeed terrible sound wise but then again they were a young band with a less than ideal budget.

PS. On that last point... I don't know if you managed to listen to the latest Mr. Bungle album, which is essentially a re-recording of their first demo album. That got me thinking... why is this not a more widespread practice? Why couldn't Corpse re-record Eaten Back To Life with Rutan as a producer and Corpsegrinder as the vocalist and give it to us in a lovely updated form?
F6B7390C-8187-4891-9978-AB51004E04E4.jpeg

I’ll check out the Mr.Bungle. Yes, I totally agree that the first maybe two albums would be very very popular now if re-recorded, plus it could be like a reinterpretation of them. They would not have to be exact? But when Dimmu did Stormblast due to some copywrite issues they could not add everything to it like the original. Though the 2 disk set came with extra video that was great! It still for what ever reason did not capture the original Stormblast? Also I don’t know exactly why some people bag on the quality of the original, as there are some great copies of it around. But remember 1996 (Stormblast) recoding technology is different than the CC 1990 stuff!

But I agree a re-due would be great! I was not into Death Metal in the early days. Only King Diamond really. I saw Ace Ventura but it was just a noisy band, as I didn’t grasp what CC was then. I actually got into Black Metal first around 1996 or so? Maybe a year later? But then that led the way to Death Metal. Funny I’ve been into CC since about 1999? And I purchased The Bleeding long long ago but never held it up high till this year? I love Chris Barnes voice on that album. It’s amazing really! Probably around 2003 I started to really love CC? And yes, there is a lot to take in, especially now! Years and years and years of stuff!

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dimmu_Borgir/Stormblåst/429

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dimmu_Borgir/Stormblåst_MMV/100140

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #28,018 of 29,565
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #28,020 of 29,565

Can’t get enough of this one!
Very nice indeed. Just listened to it. I think I started to like it more as the album progressed, maybe the second half is stronger? Will give this one more listens for sure.

Edit: second listen. It's good from the beginning...😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back