Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802
1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810
Next

Last
  1. hemipowered007
    I have listened to that, and now I NEED to read it

2. SomeGuyDude
    Fun fact: my roommate is best friends with the Code Orange dudes. I've hung out with 'em at concerts before, they're cool as hell. His reaction to their Grammy nomination was "yeah whatever the Grammys are stupid."

3. hemipowered007
    Damn lucky! That band is awesome

4. BlakeT
    I was able to score some tickets to "Lords of Chaos" at this year's Sundance Film festival, It is a biopic focused on the story of Mayhem and later the infamous episodes of church burnings, murder and suicide. In the intro they note the story is based on truth and lies, so the producers acknowledge not all of it is accurate. They did inject some humor into the Mayhem story, which was unexpected. In that regard, it reminded me quite a bit of the film "SLC Punk" (about the early punk scene in Salt Lake City) but with a decidedly darker subject matter. If Varg ever sees the film, he isn't going to like it, that is for sure. Due to licensing issues, there is not much Mayhem music in the film which is unfortunate.

It is definitely worth checking out, but keep your expectations in check. The film maker, Jonas Åkerlund, was once a member of Bathory.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  5. Music Alchemist
    Ah, I didn't realize they made a film based on the book. (I used to see the book at Barnes & Noble.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Chaos_(book)#Film

6. hemipowered007
    Fun question, does anyone else have a goto metal song for when they're running on empty and need a kick in the ass to get going? Without a doubt mine is and has been for years, lamb of god- black label. I'm on hour 12 at work and about to put my denon d2k on and rally with some good ole new American gospel.

7. Music Alchemist
    I've got a ton of 'em, but this one comes to mind.

8. SomeGuyDude

No question.

9. Music Alchemist
    vipervick likes this.
  10. Music Alchemist
    This band is like J-pop power metal.

An unexpected development from Creed's former guitarist.

11. keepitsimple

the best black/viking-love the pink floyd touches.
    i couldnt give a damn about their beliefs to be honest.

12. Redcarmoose
    I absoutely love that record in so many ways. Cheers! I wrote a review about it in this thread somewhere!

The Pink Floyd influences are unmistakeable and so infused!

I was maybe slightly too critical of it at the time, as you can tell by the music, they are being freely creative, doing whatever direction they want. They could care less what anyone thinks!

Also that album has a trance like quality which can be transporting. Never heard anything quite like it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  13. Redcarmoose

Anyone even remotely interested in Sabbath has to see "The End"!

It was a gorgeously filmed last concert. The drums are some of the best live drums recorded ever, IMO. The set list is great, and everyone gives it their very best!

14. Redcarmoose

New Priest sounding as classic as ever!

First

Back
1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802
1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810
Next

Last