Lets Talk Metal
Sep 9, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #24,320 of 29,629
Something low and slow for y'all to enjoy :L3000:

https://twinearthrecords.bandcamp.com/album/haunted

Reminds me a bit of Windhand, and thats good :)

Purchased and downloaded. A bit more up-tempo than Windhand, but yeah- same general vibe. Which is AWESOME :)

Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #24,322 of 29,629
  If you haven't heard Rotting Christ's discography, it's worth hearing, especially Sanctus Diavolos, Theogonia, and Khronos.

Since you apparently like Vocaloid, check this out!

Rotting Christ stopped sounding like people who make black metal in an abandoned shack in the forest to people who make black metal in a nice studio with their baby and wife while they're on vacation in the summer. I am a fan of vocaloid, mitchie m, ryo, livetune, doriko, and this compilation called "best impacts" make my favorite albums. I'd like to find more good vocaloid. I tend to like really cute, pretty, poppy vocaloid, ironically exactly the opposite of my disposition towards metal. 

Mod Edit - removed reference to illegal downloads

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #24,323 of 29,629
  Rotting Christ stopped sounding like people who make black metal in an abandoned shack in the forest to people who make black metal in a nice studio with their baby and wife while they're on vacation in the summer. I am a fan of vocaloid, mitchie m, ryo, livetune, doriko, and this compilation called "best impacts" make my favorite albums. I'd like to find more good vocaloid. I tend to like really cute, pretty, poppy vocaloid, ironically exactly the opposite of my disposition towards metal. 

That's a good point, but I like some of those newer releases more despite that. Songwriting is more important to me than production.

I'm sure you'd love lots of the bands on the black metal playlist I made a few months back. (And I'm sure you already know most of them.)

aha. I listen to cutesy music like that too from time to time.

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #24,324 of 29,629
[Mod Comment]
I've just had to clean up multiple posts. Let me make this clear.

• Linking to illegal download sites contravenes the ToS
  • If you see someone doing it - don't discuss it, report it please
  • I just had to spend time editing and removing almost 20 posts - the reality is that I should have had to remove one flagged post.

Now lets get back on topic, shall we 
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #24,325 of 29,629
Looking at a few updates...here's a short list of artists I care about with new material soon: Absu, Akercocke, Darkthrone, Dark Tranquillity, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonlord, Heaven Shall Burn, In Flames, Korn, Leaves' Eyes, Meshuggah, Negură Bunget, Neurosis, Nine Inch Nails, Samael, Suicidal Tendencies, and Tool!

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #24,326 of 29,629
Remastered "more dynamic" vinyl edition of Abigor's Quintessence compilation coming next month. Digital version available now as a bonus.

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/quintessence

Quintessence by Abigor

Wow. This new remaster sounds much better than the original CD! (And noticeably less harsh and nasty, though still quite harsh and nasty, even for them.)

I hope they update the Bandcamp page to enable buying the digital version at a fair price without having to buy the limited vinyl too. 30 Euros is a bit much.

Abigor's next full-length album is scheduled to be released later this year via Avantgarde Music.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #24,329 of 29,629
Where is the announcement that this is a more "dynamic" version?

http://abigor.at/site/news.php

You can listen to it via the Bandcamp link/stream I provided. Like I said, it sounds better than the original CD, if you've heard it.

(And for those who may misinterpret me, I am referring to the 2012 Quintessence CD, which is a partial rerecording of their 1999 album Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan.)

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #24,330 of 29,629
http://abigor.at/site/news.php

You can listen to it via the Bandcamp link/stream I provided. Like I said, it sounds better than the original CD, if you've heard it.

(And for those who may misinterpret me, I am referring to the 2012 Quintessence CD, which is a partial rerecording of their 1999 album Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan.)

I saw that but there wasn't any details. If I had a nickel for every time a band goes it sounds WAY more dynamic when in fact just the opposite is true, I would be a rich man.

However, it looks like it is indeed a lot more dynamic which is very good news. Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back