Let's talk Indie & Alternative - Your favorite albums at the moment
Aug 17, 2014 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DrSeven

100+ Head-Fier
I hope theres no thread about that topic yet 
redface.gif

So i was thinking bout my favorite indie and atlernative albums. Its always awesome to hear about good new music so I'm looking forward to hearing yours! mine would be atm those:

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 9
I've been kind of stuck on this one lately, Calling Over Time, really nice record, especially as a debut, nice sounding too, recorded in 1997 when they still believed in capturing some of the real dynamic range, just 38 minutes so sometimes need to hit repeat. Love the upside down pool of water reflection on the cover too, seems to fit. Has a lot of the same feel i get from the new Sharon van Etten Are We There, though the Edith Frost record is a lot better sounding, really makes you realize how much recording quality has deteriorated in the last 15 years. But there's something about Sharon van Etten that makes me want to hang around for another listen, one of my favorites this year, no idea whether it will be remembered much next year, most music isn't anymore, but this debut from Edith Frost, that one's timeless.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 9

Real Estate: Days

Spoon: They Want My Soul

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 9
Interesting! Definitely gonna have to check out Edith Frost then! And I do have the one from Real Estate, its a great recording imo

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 9

Borrowed this from the local library and loved every minute of it. Grabbed another of their albums Slave Ambient this week but haven't listened to it yet.

I'm keeping my eye out for the new Spoon. While I'm not enamored with any of their albums, I like all of them. Very consistent band.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 9

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 9

The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices to the Air (Live Songs 4.11-8.11)

Some song recordings could have been recorded better, but the first disc was outstanding with my SR325is. Man, I should have listened to the second disc before trading those Grados.:angry_face:

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #9 of 9

The Cults- Static
Great indie rock album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back