1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about manga.

1. PL4Y3R 0N3
    I love this forum, and there are so many miscellaneous threads, but no manga only one. So here it is. Now, LETS TALK ABOUT MANGA!

Who'se reading Tokyo ghoul: re?

2. Music Alchemist
    Well, there's AAMML, which is partially about manga.

But I think it would be nice to have a thread just about manga, so here we go!

I haven't read a whole lot of manga. My favorites are Rosario + Vampire (seriously ten times better than the anime), Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Dragon Ball.

I want to read the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry) manga, since it's my second favorite anime. Unlike most manga, it was published after the anime. Higurashi was (and is) originally a visual novel, the entirety of which is hundreds of hours long.

Others on my plan to read list include most of the anime I've seen, which can be viewed here.

3. PL4Y3R 0N3
    What's your favorite kind of manga? I recommend Tokyo ghoul to everyone ( it beat out naruto for best manga to end in 2014) and if you read it then Tokyo ghoul: re is a must read.

4. Music Alchemist

My taste in manga is pretty much the same as my taste in anime. I'm into all sorts of stuff. Action, adventure, fantasy, horror, comedy, drama, romance, mystery, science fiction, slice of life, yada yada. In my first post I edited in a link to my MAL profile.

In case you're not familiar with them, I will list the genres of my two favorite manga.

Rosario + Vampire: action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, magic, romance, school, shounen, vampire, harem, supernatural
    Fullmetal Alchemist: action, adventure, drama, fantasy, magic, military, shounen, comedy

I plan to watch the Tokyo Ghoul anime before reading the manga.

5. PL4Y3R 0N3

DONT DO THAT! The anime absolutely decimated the story and all of the fine dentils, and it was censored in America (and some of it in Japan) the original manga was 143 chapters and the anime is 24 episodes and they still couldn't get the plot right. The manga was ended before the second season and they still couldn't get the ending right. I loved the anime before I read the manga, but after reading the manga (the best manga I've ever read) I cannot ever recommend it to anyone.

6. PL4Y3R 0N3
    Btw if you didn't already know TG is very graphic. Like I said, some of it the anime had to be censored in Japan. Still the best story I've ever read. It was the first manga to truly surprise me after reading so many chapters of it.

7. Music Alchemist

haha. You keep quoting me before I edit my posts. XD

I rarely ever read manga, though, and I watch a ton of anime. Seen over 6,000 episodes so far. So I always watch the anime first and get to the manga much later.

I don't doubt that the manga is a lot better. They removed most of the plot for the Rosario + Vampire anime. The Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime was faithful to the manga, which is rare. You should definitely read both of those if you haven't already.

I have no problem with that. Some other graphic ones I am familiar with are Another, Berserk, Blood+, Blood-C, Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan, Corpse Party, Elfen Lied, Future Diary, Gantz, Psycho-Pass, and RIN ~Daughters Of Mnemosyne~. But mainly the anime versions, since like I mentioned, I haven't read much manga.

My friend tells me Berserk is the craziest manga.

8. PL4Y3R 0N3
    I can understand wanting to watch the anime first, but like I said, the manga is a must read. The anime itself is great. It was my favorite anime before I read the manga. If the manga wasn't so over the top amazing then the anime would actually be quite good.

Have you read or seen nanatsu no taizai?

9. Music Alchemist

Only heard of it.

10. PL4Y3R 0N3
    It's my second favorite manga at the moment. (You know the first XD) It is almost completely opposite from Tokyo ghoul. More humorous with overall monster like powers and a great story. I like it but comedy is not my favorite genre and the story is ba little too laid back for me. It feels like naruto or bleach, but I prefer the comedy of nanatsu no taizai.

I you want any spoiler free synopsis of the two just pm me.