Let's make it simple. Let's use only one very good headphone.
Mar 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #16 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah I'm liking my slaves. The more the better!

smily_headphones1.gif

I like having two separate rigs and two separate sounds to go to, then being able to to choose between branches of those sounds. Choosing one over the other would be like admitting there's one best sound, and there isn't. There's too much false dichotomy on Head-Fi. I haven't listened to a single manufacturer I didn't like something about. I could just as easily be rocking Grado and Sennheiser.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too much volume while listening?
wink.gif

Live music.

I'm a live music junkie and especially during summer i go to a lot of concerts.

Then there is speakers which imo even more tinnitus inducing than headphones.

but with headphones, the danger is listening for a longer period because of comfort and enjoyment.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Live music.

I'm a live music junkie and especially during summer i go to a lot of concerts.

Then there is speakers which imo even more tinnitus inducing than headphones.

but with headphones, the danger is listening for a longer period because of comfort and enjoyment.

Hmmm. Have you invested in a pair of those ear plugs that dampen the sound levels. There are apparently quality ones available that don't really interfere with day to day sound levels like conversation etc., but dampens the louder stuff.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #19 of 102
I'm a OHG for now and really enjoying my new customized SR80i.

I might audition a SR225i and maybe a K702 later if I get a chance and if it's noticeably better to me, than I'll upgrade and sell my SR80i's. I like to keep things simple and less cluttered and build a special romantic bond with my toys.
atsmile.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #20 of 102
Quote:

Hmmm. Have you invested in a pair of those ear plugs that dampen the sound levels. There are apparently quality ones available that don't really interfere with day to day sound levels like conversation etc., but dampens the louder stuff.

ER20s. Good stuff!

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 102
Quote:

I avoid those large concerts, mainly jazz and a lot of eclectic type of music in smaller venues, which make earplugs really a spoiler.

i'm disciplined when it comes to protecting my ears but recently i got carried away with K701 and listened for longer period and louder than usual because these damn headphones are addictive.
k701smile.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #23 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlawdon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like to keep things simple and less cluttered and build a special romantic bond with my toys.
atsmile.gif

I guess I'm just a promiscuous romantic.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #24 of 102
Only Headphone that I use most of the time is D7000. I think D7000 got it all .. Bass.. Mid.. High.. Soundstage.. Comfort.. etc..

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #25 of 102
I think it's more logical to be a 2HG. Why? Open AND Closed.
wink.gif

I haven't got these two yet but I'd keep my DT880/32 and ATH-M50s.
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #26 of 102
I've got 1 open and 1 closed. The open sound better, but if it's noisy, the closed work better.

And that works for me.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #28 of 102
how about one headphone, one universal in-ear monitor, one custom in-ear monitor, and one more headphone guy? I think i could do that.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #29 of 102
^^ I'm with baka1969!

Enjoy it while you can...there is no second go around. My wife's grandfather was always a huge audiophile, but sadly his wife kept the rains on his spending and by the time he was finally able to enjoy his hobby (in his 80s), he began to lose his hearing.
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #30 of 102
I think I've seen two other threads like this recently.

However, I think once I acquire the R10 I'll be an "OHG". To my ears, they're the only headphone I've ever heard that did everything perfectly. That is, I heard Ray Samuel's at RMAF... But I don't know the amp he was using at the time, so it would vary lest I used his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back