let's launch a kick starter to solve the tips issue fit once and for all
Dec 18, 2016 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
How many of you had issue with getting a good seal with your iems?

How many of you gets frustrated from loosing the seal, and you sometimes simply can not get it right no matter what you do or what tips you use?

How many of you while listening to music on your iems you keep fiddling with your tips to get that seal, and in the middle of the song you loose that seal and the whole sound falls apart ? 

Isn't the purpose of using iem to be used on the go? When using iem with the tips we have today its no secret that losing seal is so fast, that just by walking, running or talking to someone you can loose seal after a while. Then you go into the mode of ohh god now I need to spend time again to get that seal and the whole tip fiddling starts over and over and over

I tried almost all tip options out there, I do not want to down play any of them in specific but non really solved the whole issue 

The purpose is to get tips that can solve this without us having to get to an audiologist or sending in molds to make custom tips

Can't we all do something together and maybe ask Jude to head this project, the wait has been too long 

Not all of us live in the USA or Europe and have access to experts who can perfectly design molds to be sent to iem companies, let alone the front and back issues in the process of it. Also if the mold that we sent to an iem company was not right this means we have to send back our iems to companies and when we get them back to our perspective countries we can get taxed again and again and again

To be honest I am so surprised not one of the big iem companies is doing something about it seriously, honestly how many times did you buy or have to witness a great iem that supposed to be sounding great but falls flat because of fit issues, so i am sure many who audition iems in meetings might walk to a booth and because they can not get the right fit when they audition an iem they will simply report it sounds crappy, so that is loss for the company in sales. Its also why when we buy reviewed iems we get so many contradictory feedback from what has been reviewed and the main reason for that is usually the fit of tips and how the seal is. 

Companies who are in this business should have addressed this long long time ago for a solution that appeals to the masses and is easy and practical, we are now in the nano tech era so please do not tell me that we can not design tips that provide isolation and solves all fit issues

So after decades in audio are the tips that are out there now the best ever that all companies came up with, this is just absurd as in every single iem thread the fit is being discussed and discussed and we are in the same loop of using tips that simply are not addressing this issue properly 

Here is new tech for a bluetooth iem maybe we can reach out to them to help in this to create a universal solution, maybe Moderators of Head-fi or anyone who has some kind of connections can get this whole thing together

https://www.revols.com/

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 66
Interesting thread. I hate it ehen I have to adjust an iem mid through a song.

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 66
hope this thread catches the attention of any company that can help in this

and we will fund a kick starter

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 66
maybe as a start we can see how much is anyone interested to pledge in money wise, so that after 2 months from now we can get an idea how much we can collect to approach a company to try to help in this 

in the lg v20 thread at xda members pledged money to get the lg v20 rooted and then it was done, maybe we can do the same 

we at head-fi have some many brilliant people i am sure we can get this done

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 66
Would be great. I think we need some sort of direction though. What exactly you/we are expecting. Would it be some sort of wrap, or something like Sensaphonics that would attach to your iem.

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 66
Excellent idea and I support the concept for the reasons you mentioned. Buy tips is pricey what we get and if there was a way to custom fit easily. I would have saved $$ and the equally important have better quality sound and isolation

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 66
Would be great. I think we need some sort of direction though. What exactly you/we are expecting. Would it be some sort of wrap, or something like Sensaphonics that would attach to your iem.

maybe a silicon or rubber universal tip for different bores that can be filled with some kind of liquid gel that solidifies after few minutes so we can get it to be permanently shaped to our ear canals, like in the revol bluetooth iem.  The whole idea is that we do not go to an audiologist to do that

I tried this but it was not ideal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-OaRyZBv6c

Can you imagine if this would become true how big of a market this will have to so many, so it will not only benefit audiophiles, it will benefit alot of other uses

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 66
as i mentioned i tried this today it was a bit messy it gave great results with spinfits and ibasso it03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-OaRyZBv6c

sound wise it gave the best seal ever and best sound i heard 

but its not that user friendly for everyone, i am sure this can be done , its a shame why Lear dropped the project

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #13 of 66
i ​
 support this idea!!!  i still remember that  i couldnt get  right fit with shure se215. sometimes i fear to buy iems because i dont know if they will fit. this is painful experience that many members had with iems. there is no reason that in our time only peoople that use ​
custom in-ear will ​
have the ​
privilege​
 for perfect fit and comfort.​

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #14 of 66
Given the dangers of inserting anything into one's ears, let alone injecting gels in there, one might have to consider the legal ramifications of producing such a product. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #15 of 66
  Given the dangers of inserting anything into one's ears, let alone injecting gels in there, one might have to consider the legal ramifications of producing such a product. 

it does not have to be a gel alone material, it can be some type of sliicon opr amy other material from outside filled with gel. I am not scientist but I am sure this can be done somehow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back