LESSON LEARNED: DO NOT LOAN MONEY TO FAMILY MEMBERS!
Apr 2, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by braillediver
Do you live at home with your parents?

They did bring you into this world and feed you for a few years?

Unless you were born independently wealthy kicking in a few beans for them to take on vacation so they could have a good time might be small recompense for all they did for you.

Maybe something to consider is don’t let something as trivial as money get in the way of your love for your parents. It seems you loaned them the money knowing they weren’t 100% reliable and you did it anyways? Learn from your mistakes but don’t blame them.

Mitch

Amen.

I just wish my parents were still alive so I could lend or give them some money.

Apr 2, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #17 of 23
I cannot believe you are able to bring yourself to call your parents "Family Members" - almost makes them sound like outsiders...

I believe I have to give my parents first priority over everything else...even my own comfort...That, as far as my scriptures (Indian) and my ideologies are concerned, is my duty and I am very happy to carry it out.

I cannot digest the fact that you are counting $2000.00 given to your own father. How can you equate money to the investments they made in you - your conception, birth, development, education, the love they showered upon you...

Its easy to forget all that isnt it
wink.gif

After all - welly wu - you see amplifiers/cd players/headphones in the place of the measly $2000.00 you gave your father...you dont see the love and you dont see it as your responsibility to give back what is really not yours...

Shame...
rolleyes.gif

And the fact that there are others supporting him only goes to demonstrate the plight of the western culture and the mentality of the younger generations here...

I am astounded by this thread
confused.gif
and saddened...I have to call my dad and tell him to have a look at this...maybe he will appreciate me better and understand how the world works on the other side
eek.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 23
Alright, look people: I knew that I was opening up a can of beans but quite frankly I did talk things over with them and we did come to an agreement. I did take a lesson from some of the people who were polite enough not to get their own emotions involved in this thread and I learned to forgive them through prayer. If you really don't have anything else to say but to vent your own stuff on me then at least think twice about how bad it makes you look doing so too.

In other words, this is done. BLN, Brailldever (whatever), just but out of my family business because both of you have nothing to contribue and only get your rocks off making an already bad thread worse. Others, thank you. I learned a new lesson.

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #19 of 23
An open apology to all involved:

I apologize for my stupidity in starting this thread. I know that I put my foot in my mouth with it. I already apologized to my parents for my angry reaction to them this afternoon and extend the same apologies to all who read this stupid thread. It should have been kept private. Again, I want all who have read and participated to know that I am thankful for their replies and that this is going to come to a close soon.

Welly Wu

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #20 of 23
don't tell people to get out of your "family business" when you post your "family business" on a forum about headphones.

oh well, at least you've learned to forgive me through prayer. while you're at it, could you ask Jesus for the financial willpower to save for omega II's by next April or so? that way i can buy a pair next month ...

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #21 of 23
Welly Wu :-
--------------

My parents live across the globe from me...It upset me very much to see your post but I am hoping you didnt really mean any of it...sometimes you do feel that life is cheating on you but I am sure you now know that you really cannot draw a line to differenciate between you and your parents...

Its like taking three drops of water from the same bottle and saying that they are all different...

Of course the peeps on this website will think up words like "Bass definition" and "Treble Extension" and "Detail in the mids" and "Snores while I sleep ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZ"

I hope you understand why I said what I said...and why I am upset...I wake up every morning really early so that I can catch my parents on Yahoo before they eat breakfast and run to work...work which pays for my life and education here...they are giving their life blood...the best years of their life to support me.

I am going to give them one helluva life after I start making money. Right now I make $300.00 a month...in a year from now I should be making a minimum of $3000.00 per month and $2000.00 out of that will go to them...thats something I have promised myself.

You see...the same $2000.00 that you were cribbing about is what I have decided to give them EVERY month...it is but a pitiful effort at giving back to them for all they have done for me...

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 23
I understand where you are now coming from. This should have never been posted online and I readily admit that I really have come to understand how stupid I was for my angry reaction to my parents and for putting everybody through it too. This is my mistake and I will pray that someday, I too can come to the level of appreciation and gratitude you experience every morning with your family members. I just have to put my faith in the Good Lord that each day brings me closer to them while they are still here.

Again, this was really not the right way to vent my anger and I apologize for putting my family affairs online for everybody to react to it in different ways. I have learned my lessons today and I thank everybody for their comments positive or negative.

Moderators:

please lock this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back