Lesbian teen expelled and charged with felony for same-sex relationship
May 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 6
It's really a shame that this sort of thing happens pretty much every day, but doesn't get attention and outrage until the relationship is same-sex.

I see a lot of people thinking these charges are being brought up just because it is a same-sex relationship, but I think it has more to do with the fact that there are certain types of people that absolutely hate the thought of any teenagers having sex. When one of them happens to be 18, and the other younger, it just gives them legal grounds to persecute them.

Gay or straight, male or female, it's completely wrong, and totally unjustifiable to have a consenting teen on a sex offender registry.

May 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 6
The problem with these cases is, that if both consent to it, and are in a relationship, there are no real legal grounds for the case, but it's difficult to work that out, because the younger parties parents are the ones making the claims, and most likely forcing the younger party to lie on a threat basis. Sexual offence is horrific, but controlling, manipulative parents that abuse the law because they have issues with the idea of anyone younger than themselves having sex, are just disgusting in my mind. They not only ruin good peoples live when their claims are successful, but as a result blur the line between right and wrong, in a crying wolf fashion. Courts having to constantly take them seriously, and having to throw them out means that a legitimate case of underage sexual assault is more likely to be looked over and ignored.

May 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 6
It sounds like they can press charges because one of them was 15. One of my neighbors had to serve 16 months in jail for having sex with a 15 y/o when he was 18, and now he's classified as a sex offender for the rest of his life. I don't think it's right, but that's the law.

It's really a shame that this sort of thing happens pretty much every day, but doesn't get attention and outrage until the relationship is same-sex.

I see a lot of people thinking these charges are being brought up just because it is a same-sex relationship, but I think it has more to do with the fact that there are certain types of people that absolutely hate the thought of any teenagers having sex. When one of them happens to be 18, and the other younger, it just gives them legal grounds to persecute them.

Gay or straight, male or female, it's completely wrong, and totally unjustifiable to have a consenting teen on a sex offender registry.

Also, what he said.

May 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 6
I think it's sad that the only influence these parents have with their 14 year old daughter is to call the police. How about: "You are too young to date." Then, maybe talking to the 18 year old's parents and telling them AND the 18 year old that your 14 year old daughter is off-limits. I guess we don't really know what was said or tried before the police were finally called. If the 18 year old was ignoring the demands of the parents to back off, and was actively encouraging and assisting the 14 year old to break the rules set by her parents, then I might consider calling the cops too. Parents still have a right and responsibility to set rules for their kids, and an outsider that thumbs their nose at those rules is not automatically a Romeo & Juliet love story.

But what is this?? The 18 year old then turns around and narcs on someone else?

In an usual twist, Kaitlyn came across another 18-year-old female student at the school she was forced to transfer to, also having sex with an underage girl. She was the only witness but notified authorities what she saw in the girl’s bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back