Lego Bottlehead Crack Base - Share your creation!
Feb 10, 2015 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Schizeophonic

Head-Fier
So, I recently purchased a Bottlehead Crack from a fellow head-fier and wanted to do some work on the provided wooden base. The conundrum is that I wanted to listen to it while working on the base. The only thing I had laying around was........ LEGOS!! I confess... once I started, I couldn't stop. However, the whole process sparked a whole bunch of creative energy, and I wanted to ask the community to show off there Bottlehead! Looking for ideas on what stain to use on my wooden base. Currently like the idea of ebony...OR surprise the thread and show a new original freebase material...

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 7
I actually was able to score 2 WE 421a's off of a fellow craigslister at a great price. They are tremendous tubes. I currently have them paired with a CBS Hytron 5814a OR an RCA Clear top depending on my mood. Both the CBS, RCA, and crack with speedball were sourced through head-fi members. The community is GREAT!

Another pic of the 421a if you're into that sort of thing... and if not... you should be! IT IS head-fi after all....

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Wow nice design Brian! That's very creative of you to use legos haha. Those 421a's are just too nice. Like the fellow head-fier above, that's the first thing that caught my eye. I hope to find a good deal on them some day but looks like I'll have to spend over $200 for one of them. One day I might just have to splurge on one haha. Enjoy your Crack man. 

Happy listening 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Greyhamster - Thanks so much for the impeccable wiring job and selling me a well built Crack! I had to add the lego air vents to add more "air" to the sound. I don't know why more people don't have them? I think they help my gear breathe and improve the overall spaciousness of the sound.

Scjarrett - Thanks for the kind words and the tubes (5814a). If someone is reading this and has a 421a they can spare, please sell them to him! Great to deal with and your tube would be going to a good home! If I ever part with my Crack, you will be the first person to have a shot at the 421a's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back