Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Apr 27, 2015 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

deuter

500+ Head-Fier
This is one rare amp on sale and there is some history behind it which I would like to share with you all.

I bought this amp “new condition”, why I say new condition is because I bought it directly from the distributor who had this returned by a yacht builder.
The yacht builder had a change of mind when his order was delivered, and luckily I was able to get this now “out of production” X version amp.
This amp is clearly different from the XS or the F version, I will not go into the various differences but would encourage you to get the information first hand directly from Leben. They are usually pretty willing to answer any questions you might have.

The amp is in excellent cosmetic condition and I would really struggle to find any defects.
It comes with Gold Lion EL84’s and JJ 12AX7’s, the NOS Mullard EL84’s failed a year after I got the amp.
I have had the amp for about 5 years now and would not sell it if I was using or continued to use it.
I used to own some high efficiency bookshelf speakers which I no longer have and the amp is just sitting around without much use after I got a dedicated solid state headphone amp.
The amp has been with me for so long that it’s hard to see it go away, at the same time I’d rather have someone do justice to the amp by getting it to play beautiful music either from your headphones or your speakers then be with me.
It’s a 240V version, but you can always use a step down transformer, Leben themselves have said the audio quality for this particular amp will not deteriorate by using these additional transformers.
I’m happy to post it worldwide with double box packing.
I have all original contents, including the manual that came with it.
This is one amp that will stay with you for a very long time if not forever. I can go on and on writing about how beautiful the sound is out of a Sennheiser HD800 or the Harbeth P3ESR’s but there is plenty of information online for you to drool over.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread