leather pads for HE60 and HD580/600/650!
Sep 17, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 359
Almost half way already
biggrin.gif

I've updated the FP.

International shipping should not be a problem but I'll update if I find out what the costs are.

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #21 of 359
Leather pads???If somebody finds me a pair of the normal hd 600 velour pads,which will be of the same thickness(not thinner/smaller) as the ones that came stock with my 7 years old hd 600,i would be very happy...

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #26 of 359
I don't know how long it would take, since we first need an order of 50 and they have to be hand built. Can I sign you in?

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #30 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those look good to try the 'leather' sound on the hd650. think they'll fit? I'll see if I can find a webshop selling them to try it out.

as for the question, why not those pads?
Real leather looks/smells/feels much better than the fake stuff and is more durable.
At the quoted $65-75 it is not even that much more expensive than the original velours, which are $59 at Headroom. We just need enough interest.

found a webshop for the PXC450 pads, but they are very expensive ~£62 shipped. I sent a question to see if they have any chance of fitting before taking the plunge.

very quick test on HD650 with spare unused HE60 pads (don't click but do fit) indicates a bit brighter character with a bit more high end sparkle and more polite bass. drivers are a bit further from my ears so soundstage seems a bit bigger too.
My used HE60 pads (closer to my head) bring it back just a bit more to the original HD650 sound... hmmm...
If I'm honest I love the idea of leather pads for HD series but I think I'd prefer the original pads. It's a bit brighter and a bit less smooth with the HE60 pads but not a big difference. I do think they'll be a nice experiment to people that want to brighten the HD650's though.

my velours pads are not liking all this switching, they got all mushy
frown.gif

I suppose I could have you put me down for one set HE60 pads for now. I'd rather have some HE Audio Jade ear pads though.

I'd be in for more than one pair of leather pads for HE60 if I knew for sure that (1) they would fit and (2) that it would improve the sound. It's a dilemma, because if I go for one pair and it's better, then I can't get a second pair easily. If I get 2 and it sounds worse then I have $130-150 in pads I can't use (I don't need to brighten my HD600).

Can you go the other way with putting HD650 pads on the HE60 and listening?

Do your HD650 pads click onto the HE60 when you try it?

Do your HE60 get more bass with the HD650 pads?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back