LCD2 + Lyr, Asgard2, O2 or Another Amp...
Dec 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Eugguy

500+ Head-Fier
Hello All,

I've done myself in and purchased an LCD2 from Audeze this Black Friday. For the past 3 days I've been searching on HF and Google regarding what is the best pairing for the LCD2 and an amplifier. I want to choose an amp that will give me the most optimal bass quality, quantity, volume/fullness to pair with the LCD2. I love my bass and want as much as possible, as loud as possible without any distortion.

I am looking specifically at the Schiit line of products. RIght now the Lyr looks to have the most power...however, can I get the same performance from the Asgard2? I respect most HFiers opinions here. I am mostly an IEM guy, and the LCD2 is going to be a totally new experience for me. Any recommendations or advice would be accepted with grace. I don't want to spend more than $500. Ideally I would like to spend as little as possible. (For the time being.)

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm in the same boat. I've heard that magni is entirely indistinguishable in a blind test against the asgard2 with the lcd2 though so I'd probably go with that instead. Really I'm just trying to figure out if I should go for transparency or the coloration of the tubes. I've also heard that the ALO panam is amazing with the lcd2

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 5
I believe the asgard2 had more than enough power for the lcd2 one advantage is it had the gain switch unlike the lyr so you could still use your iems

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I believe the asgard2 had more than enough power for the lcd2 one advantage is it had the gain switch unlike the lyr so you could still use your iems

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

What about for my situation? Do you think the sound produced by the lyr + LCD-2 combo is superior enough to the magni to warrant the $300 price difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back