LCD2 Fazor vs LCDX
Apr 10, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #31 of 36
I can tell you my 2018 LCD X doesn't have that much bass. I tend to think in their latest revisions Audeze lowered the out put of the X bass. So when talking about X bass you have to mention the year, so you know you are comparing apples to apples.

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #32 of 36
T
I can tell you my 2018 LCD X doesn't have that much bass. I tend to think in their latest revisions Audeze lowered the out put of the X bass. So when talking about X bass you have to mention the year, so you know you are comparing apples to apples.

Good to know, thanks. The X's are still high on my list, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards the Focal Clear as the next set for me. I've just started reading the Clear review thread, i'm currently on page 43 of 392 pages which brings me to the time they were released .... so far they aren't getting great reviews regarding bass.... I'm hoping that will change as the thread progresses.

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #33 of 36
WT %^&!!.

Just plugged in what is now my new LCD X's. Now this is more like it!

While flipping between the Clear and LCD X threads, I kept running into the general consensus that the LCD X's were something truly special( of course you'd expect some of that on these threads). So I decided I really wanted to get the Audeze side of the house up to a higher level of fidelity before I start searching for a different sounding headphone to compliment my listening tastes. So I ordered the LCD X creator special. $500 off by just giving up the case, which I don't really need. That gets me the full warranty, and I've got a 60 day return window. Too good to pass up.

Sound is amazing, bass is just where I want it, and the rest..... Ah!

I think I've found that perfect set of headphones to start my journey, and thank you both for your input here, as well as on the main LCD X thread

Next are the Focal's..... need to let my wallet rest for awhile though.

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #34 of 36
WT %^&!!.

Just plugged in what is now my new LCD X's. Now this is more like it!

While flipping between the Clear and LCD X threads, I kept running into the general consensus that the LCD X's were something truly special( of course you'd expect some of that on these threads). So I decided I really wanted to get the Audeze side of the house up to a higher level of fidelity before I start searching for a different sounding headphone to compliment my listening tastes. So I ordered the LCD X creator special. $500 off by just giving up the case, which I don't really need. That gets me the full warranty, and I've got a 60 day return window. Too good to pass up.

Sound is amazing, bass is just where I want it, and the rest..... Ah!

I think I've found that perfect set of headphones to start my journey, and thank you both for your input here, as well as on the main LCD X thread

Next are the Focal's..... need to let my wallet rest for awhile though.

Glad you like them! Always nice when money is well spent in this hobby.

And the Clear is a wonderful complement to the X. I'm listening to some djent with mine now, in fact. Very balanced neutral-bright signature with plenty of details and impact. Great bass for a dynamic, but clean, tight, and punchy with sub-bass roll-off. The Clear don't have the same level of control or extension in the bass as the X, but the X doesn't have that amazing treble. So, it's a trade-off.

Apr 17, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #35 of 36
Yes the Clear or Utopia is a perfect compliment to the X. One leans neutral/bright the other neutral/warm.

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #36 of 36
here,
3:30
4:23
5:15
5:50
and so on , many adverse opinions for the 3
He claims the treble of the 3 is too harsh and hot, and does not recommend at all. I am totally confused of comments here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back