1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-3 Amp

1. Djaleks87
    Hello Everyone,

I am extremely new to all of this. So here is the deal, I have a pair of Audeze LCD-3 open back headphones...and nothing else. I listen to mainly classic rock, alternative/metal, classical and orchestral music. I need to know what the BEST setup I need for this is. I know the headphones are a bit bright but I need the low frequencies to shine ! I’m not a bass head but having the proper spectrum of bass according to what I’m listening to is very important. So what do you all recommend? Let’s say price isn’t an issue.

2. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Meier Jazz FF

serman005 likes this.
  3. Djaleks87
    Any information about why?

4. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    1. I use the older Cantate.2 with metal...
    [​IMG]

2. ...which sounds more like the FF based on reviews vs the base version of the Jazz

3. I've tried the same amp on the LCD-2, LCD-2F, and LCD-3. Needs a bit more gain and Jazz has that since it doesn't rely on ridiculously low gain at all to work with high sensitivity, low impedance headphones due to its new volume knob.

4. Does not ruthlessly make bad recordings sound even worse when cranked up.

5. zephyrstar
    I like mine with my Auralic Taurus MKII alot.