LCD-2 warranty concerns
Jul 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Super MANSKITO

100+ Head-Fier
So  I m just about ready to pull the trigger on Audeze's LCD-2 headphones but I m really scared by the 1 year warranty.  Right now I m a collage student working part time at staples so its taken me forever and a day to save up this kind of money and I really want these headphones to last. 

Dose any one know if Audeze has out of warranty repair like sennheiser?  They charged me $65 to repair my HD 650s when they broke just 2 months after warranty ended but that was MUCH better then $350 for a new pair.

I don't know if I could part with that much money knowing if they broke a year and day latter I would be out 1 grand.   Dose any one have any experience with Audeze do they offer an extended warranty or some sort of out of warranty repair?

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 42
Personally, every information I've heard about their customer relationship has been stellar, and out of warranty repair is a very basic service, I wouldn't worry much about it. Still, send an email to the to get more information, they are usually very reactive on such matters.

This is the said email: info@audeze.com

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 42

Quote:
So  I m just about ready to pull the trigger on Audeze's LCD-2 headphones but I m really scared by the 1 year warranty.  Right now I m a collage student working part time at staples so its taken me forever and a day to save up this kind of money and I really want these headphones to last. 

Dose any one know if Audeze has out of warranty repair like sennheiser?  They charged me $65 to repair my HD 650s when they broke just 2 months after warranty ended but that was MUCH better then $350 for a new pair.

I don't know if I could part with that much money knowing if they broke a year and day latter I would be out 1 grand.   Dose any one have any experience with Audeze do they offer an extended warranty or some sort of out of warranty repair?

This is still unknown, since very few of their LCD-2 are more than one year old, and as far as I know at the moment, all of them work (at least I have seen no posts about cans from the first batches breaking recently).

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 42
I guess that pricing could be tied to the nature of the defect. Honestly I don't see any reason a headphone should brake down when used properly. I heave heard about about diaphragms stretching out but that is done in decades, not after a few months.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #8 of 42
so its been 5 days and no response, I just called and no one answered just got the answering machine.   Just re sent my email. 

Have the be honest this is very scary considering the price of the headphones.

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #9 of 42
Wow, it surprises me..a company which make good headphones don't have a good customer service. Lets hope somebody know how to contact them. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #10 of 42
Jul 25, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 42
Mike,
I spoke to someone on Thursday about the exact same thing, so I assumed it was the same person who emailed about it before calling me. 
Yes, we do offer out of warranty repair. Most of the parts except driver or wood rings are easily swappable by the customer in case something goes wrong. The driver and wood ring will be offered at reasonable rates and we will offer quotes to the users depending upon the amount of work.

We want our customers to be happy with the purchase and we will stand behind our product.

Sankar

Was sent to me about 1 hour ago.   Knowing that I can get them repaired is awesome just wondering what a "reasonable rate" is.

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #14 of 42
Good customer service for ANY headphones that cost upwards of $1,000 should be everyone's concern. You have every right to be concerned. Just because a company makes a great product does not mean their customer service will be equally as great. I can tell you from very recent experience that Audeze's customer service is not stellar. It's not bad but not stellar. I returned a LCD ver 1 to have replace with an LCD ver 2. Sankar, one of the main guys at Audeze, specifically told me I needed no RMA# in the box when I sent the headphones back. All I had to do was put the headphones in a box with a note saying they were purchased in June of this year. I did exactly that. He also told me as soon as they get them he will send out the new pair. I sent the ver. 1 phones back and heard nothing for a week. I had to send 3 separate emails to him before I received an answer as to when my new phones would be sent back. Like I said not a huge deal but not stellar customer service.

Never stop asking questions about customer service.
Demain top quality service from any company asking for $1,000 for headphones.

This is a premium product and as customers we should demand the same level of customer service.

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #15 of 42
Good customer service for ANY headphones that cost upwards of $1,000 should be everyone's concern. You have every right to be concerned. Just because a company makes a great product does not mean their customer service will be equally as great. I can tell you from very recent experience that Audeze's customer service is not stellar. It's not bad but not stellar. I returned a LCD ver 1 to have replace with an LCD ver 2. Sankar, one of the main guys at Audeze, specifically told me I needed no RMA# in the box when I sent the headphones back. All I had to do was put the headphones in a box with a note saying they were purchased in June of this year. I did exactly that. He also told me as soon as they get them he will send out the new pair. I sent the ver. 1 phones back and heard nothing for a week after Audeze had received them. I had to send 3 separate emails to him before I received an answer as to when my new phones would be sent back. Like I said not a huge deal but not stellar customer service.

Never stop asking questions about customer service.
Demand top quality service from any company asking for $1,000 for headphones.

This is a premium product and as customers we should demand the same level of customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back