LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #241 of 2,398
I won't say I told ya so, but... 
wink_face.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #242 of 2,398
Consider this as well.  He has the best workmanship I have seen so far in aftermarket headphone cables.

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #243 of 2,398
I just got back from my business trip and picked my Q-Cable. It's light and appears delicate (but Steve assured me that looks are deceiving).
My only complaint is it's wired backwards! The electron flow was supposed to go the other direction..:veryevil:
Hopefully it won't affect the sound quality much (and new Head-Fi members realize I'm not serious...:D)

It's an excellent looking cable and I can't wait to try it out!

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #245 of 2,398
Thats the right website but Steve hasn't put them up there yet.  If you email him he will give you the prices, not sure what else there is to read.  He explains copper litz wire on his webpage quite well.  My cable have Rean mini xlr and Neutrik 1/4" the other has Neutrik 4 pin xlr.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #246 of 2,398

[size=medium]
I just received a cable from doublehelix for an extremely reasonable price if people are still looking for good cables. I've never had any quality issues with his cables and have all sounded great. Very similar in pricing compared to the Q-audio cables. 
[/size]

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #247 of 2,398
wink_face.gif
Yeah, not surprisingly, Kevin, you were right! There IS something special about these Q-Audio cables. I've already decided they are keepers, for sure. They manage that really hard trick of being both very smooth and very transparent and detailed. There really does seem to be a clarity to them that is the best I've had with the LCD-2, that is NOT born of a brightness or artificial etch.

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #248 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:
wink_face.gif

Yeah, not surprisingly, Kevin, you were right! There IS something special about these Q-Audio cables. I've already decided they are keepers, for sure. They manage that really hard trick of being both very smooth and very transparent and detailed. There really does seem to be a clarity to them that is the best I've had with the LCD-2, that is NOT born of a brightness or artificial etch.

I'm really glad you like them Rob.  As I was telling Wedge, it's nice to get confirmation from time to time that I haven't reverted to tin ears yet.  
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #249 of 2,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As I was telling Wedge, it's nice to get confirmation from time to time that I haven't reverted to tin ears yet.  
wink.gif

Then again, maybe you just got lucky.
biggrin.gif

se

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #250 of 2,398

Quote:
What's the website for these?  All I was able to find was http://www.q-audio.com/.  Would like to do some reading, if possible.

My apologies.

We're in the middle of a makeover for the website including new photography and I decided add information on the headphone cables when that goes live (hopefully in early May).

There's really not a whole lot more to say as the headphone cables are made using the same litz wire, cotton sleeving and quad braid as our interconnect and speaker cables. And of course if you have any questions feel free to contact us.

se

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #252 of 2,398
Apr 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #253 of 2,398
I think my ears are lucky to have found this place, but my wallet sure hates me now.

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #254 of 2,398

Quote:
Will you offer cables for the Sennheiser HD800?

I'd love to, but I really wasn't at all impressed with the connector they chose for the HD-800's. But that's rather moot as currently there are no aftermarket HD-800 connectors available since Sennheiser convinced ODU to prohibit sales of the connector to anyone but Sennheiser.

There's talk of an independent effort to have an equivalent plug made for it but I would first have to evaluate it before I decide to offer an HD-800 cable.

Thanks for asking. If I decide to do it I'll put a notice of it up on the website.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back