LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 16, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #227 of 2,398

Quote:
Is the connector supply issue only for the 800? Or are they also refusing the 6xx series?

There are already other sources for the 2 pin connectors.

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #228 of 2,398
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OT so bad :p
Impressions/comparisons on custom cables vs. current stock cables please! Soon-to-own-LCD2 here! Need yourguyseshelp!

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #229 of 2,398

Quote:
Three times? How 'bout... Hmmm.. I forget. How many times was it?
biggrin.gif

se

I'm not talking about what happened between you and I -- otherwise the number certainly wouldn't have been 3. 
wink.gif
   I'm talking about Audio-gd's.

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #233 of 2,398
Back on topic...I pulled the trigger on one of Steve's Q cables and am really looking forward to trying it out.
I ordered a balanced cable and a single end adapter (since I have no balanced amps at the moment).
Now I need to see what kind of balanced amp goes well with the LCD-2s (or wait until Schiit Audio releases one).

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #236 of 2,398
Does anyone have the Whiplash TWag V2 for the LCD-2.  I'm thinking of getting a 2nd cable (my current cable is ALO copper/silver round chainmail balanced which I really like).  The reason for getting a 2nd cable is for a 2nd amp.  I'm using the ALO balanced cable with my WA22 and want a shorter SE cable for my HA-160D.  Looking for some suggestions and also thoughts on the Whiplash specifically.

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #237 of 2,398
Quote:
Does anyone have the Whiplash TWag V2 for the LCD-2.  I'm thinking of getting a 2nd cable (my current cable is ALO copper/silver round chainmail balanced which I really like).  The reason for getting a 2nd cable is for a 2nd amp.  I'm using the ALO balanced cable with my WA22 and want a shorter SE cable for my HA-160D.  Looking for some suggestions and also thoughts on the Whiplash specifically.

Would it be cheaper to get ALO to make you an XLR-to-TRS adapter out of the same cable?

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #238 of 2,398
I'm really looking into getting another cable.  Not a big fan of adapters and having a bunch of extra cable.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #239 of 2,398
I can say that I have had the Q-Audio cable for a few days.  And what a cable, ergonomically it is the best cable, perhaps the only thing I might ask for is where the L and R split off I have always had a preference to have a block there, a small carribean rosewood circle with Q etched in, or maybe a miniature LCD-2 grille, LoL.  Sound wise I like this better that any of my silver cables.  I like it so much I am considering upgrading my interconnects to Q's.  

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #240 of 2,398

Quote:
I can say that I have had the Q-Audio cable for a few days.  And what a cable, ergonomically it is the best cable, perhaps the only thing I might ask for is where the L and R split off I have always had a preference to have a block there, a small carribean rosewood circle with Q etched in, or maybe a miniature LCD-2 grille, LoL.  Sound wise I like this better that any of my silver cables.  I like it so much I am considering upgrading my interconnects to Q's.  

Same here, Wedge.  The Q is absolutely for sure the best aftermarket cable I have tried ergonomically - very light and flexible.  And In my comparisons so far to the Norse Audio, which I like very much too, the Q  cable seems to have a little more transparency without being even one tiny bit bright or edgy.  I'm very impressed with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back