LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #196 of 2,398
Good news!  Looks like Q-Audio has revised their prices a lot lower than they were at introduction.  They're balanced and terminated in an A4M, with TRS unbalanced adapter included.

New pricing is:

1. 1.0M - $200
  2. 1.5M - $215
  3. 2.0M - $230
  4. 2.5M - $250 
  5. 3.0M - $275 
  6. 3.5M - $300 
  7. 4.0M - $340

Do you have a link for them?

Thanks,
-HK sends

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #197 of 2,398
Q-Audio's site is q-audio.com, but I don't think the site has been updated to reflect the new info.  Steve sent me a PM telling me about the price change.

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #199 of 2,398

Quote:
Good news!  Looks like Q-Audio has revised their prices a lot lower than they were at introduction.  They're balanced and terminated in an A4M, with TRS unbalanced adapter included.

New pricing is:

1. 1.0M - $200
  2. 1.5M - $215
  3. 2.0M - $230
  4. 2.5M - $250 
  5. 3.0M - $275 
  6. 3.5M - $300 
  7. 4.0M - $340

Arrgh.....I just ordered my cables from Norse audio
mad.gif
. Ah well, you win some you lose some.

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #200 of 2,398
Wow that's good news.  Time to try a set of those!

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #201 of 2,398

Quote:
Good news!  Looks like Q-Audio has revised their prices a lot lower than they were at introduction. 

Thanks, Kevin! Though truth be told, it wasn't so much a "price revision" as the correction of a rather embarrassing mistake. It was one of those instances where the mistake was so obvious, I just didn't see it.

Kevin was the beta tester for the LCD-2 cable project and after some very favorable feedback, he asked me what they would be priced at. I replied (much too flippantly in hindsight) that I'd just price them the same as my interconnects and speaker cables for the equivalent lengths.

That was back in January.

Then the other day as I was building up a cable for a recent order, it finally hit me.

The interconnects and speaker cables are priced per PAIR. The headphone cable was more akin to just a SINGLE cable.

So I picked myself up, brushed myself off, re-worked the pricing (which turned out to be not quite half as there's a little more labor and a little more parts cost in the headphone cable), and then sent refunds and apologies to everyone who had previously ordered the cables.

And that's the whole, embarrassing truth behind the "price revision."

se

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #202 of 2,398

Quote:
Thanks, Kevin! Though truth be told, it wasn't so much a "price revision" as the correction of a rather embarrassing mistake. It was one of those instances where the mistake was so obvious, I just didn't see it.

Kevin was the beta tester for the LCD-2 cable project and after some very favorable feedback, he asked me what they would be priced at. I replied (much too flippantly in hindsight) that I'd just price them the same as my interconnects and speaker cables for the equivalent lengths.

That was back in January.

Then the other day as I was building up a cable for a recent order, it finally hit me.

The interconnects and speaker cables are priced per PAIR. The headphone cable was more akin to just a SINGLE cable.

So I picked myself up, brushed myself off, re-worked the pricing (which turned out to be not quite half as there's a little more labor and a little more parts cost in the headphone cable), and then sent refunds and apologies to everyone who had previously ordered the cables.

And that's the whole, embarrassing truth behind the "price revision."

se

LOL, that's a great "tail over teakettle" picture!  Major face plant.  

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #203 of 2,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL, that's a great "tail over teakettle" picture!  Major face plant.

Yeah, I came across that in a Google image search for "faceplant" a few years ago. Too cute!

se

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #205 of 2,398
Okay, I've been stalking this thread looking for the best bang for the buck aftermarket cables. So far, I have three.

- Silver Dragon v3
- Norse Audio
- Q-Audio (?) waiting on impressions

May I request impressions on each of the three? I'm specifically targetting the SQ, and nothing else (like weight, bulkiness, comfort issues).

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #206 of 2,398
Got my new Q-Audio cable in for my LCD-2's. My set is 10ft long with an SE end.

After 3 days of listening A/B between the stock ADZ-5 and Steve's cable.

I must say that I am impressed! Opened up the stage on the LCD-2 quite nicely!

These are definitely keepers. The set is very light, excellent craftsmanship, and for the money, I feel like I stole them!

Steve is a super great guy to deal with and talk to.

As you can see, I have been here a long time, and usually don't post. However, I just had to comment on these cables.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #207 of 2,398
Got my new Q-Audio cable in for my LCD-2's. My set is 10ft long with an SE end.

After 3 days of listening A/B between the stock ADZ-5 and Steve's cable.

I must say that I am impressed! Opened up the stage on the LCD-2 quite nicely!

These are definitely keepers. They set is very light, excellent craftsmanship, and for the money, I feel like I stole them!

Steve is a super great guy to deal with and talk to.

As you can see, I have been here a long time, and usually don't post. However, I just had to comment on these cables.

That's great, I can't wait to try the Q-Cable! I like my Blue Dragon cable's sound but the construction almost seems too delicate and I am afraid I will break it. I have the Norse 8-Wire, and it is very rugged but the sound is a bit warm for me (although I am experimenting with some other equipment that may affect its sound). How would you rate the Q-cable for durability? Delicate? ...or able to withstand daily (ab)use?

Could you post pics of your cable?

Thanks, and Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

P.S. - Steve really is great to work with...actually so is Trevor at Norse and Drew at Moon Audio. :biggrin:

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #208 of 2,398

Quote:
That's great, I can't wait to try the Q-Cable! I like my Blue Dragon cable's sound but the construction almost seems too delicate and I am afraid I will break it. I have the Norse 8-Wire, and it is very rugged but the sound is a bit warm for me (although I am experimenting with some other equipment that may affect its sound). How would you rate the Q-cable for durability? Delicate? ...or able to withstand daily (ab)use?

Could you post pics of your cable?
Thanks, and Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. - Steve really is great to work with...actually so is Trevor at Norse and Drew at Moon Audio.
biggrin.gif

Pics were posted here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503640/what-cables-for-audeze-ldc-2/60#post_7285014

write up here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503640/what-cables-for-audeze-ldc-2/45#post_7284268

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #209 of 2,398
Apr 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #210 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, Kevin!

I knew I had seen the posts somewhere, but somehow I kept overlooking them.
Looking forward to my Q-cable!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I'm eager to hear your thoughts and impressions after you get the cable.  The more I use mine, the more I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back