LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
May 19, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #422 of 2,398

Quote:

Hey, no fair discussing cables in the cable thread...  Gee, maybe that didn't come across the way I intended...
Seriously folks, this thread is not the place to debate the general concept of whether or not cables contribute their own sound character to something.  This is the thread in which to discuss which cable you've chosen and what subjectively you like or dislike about it.  General purpose cable vs. coat hanger discussion is verboten herein.

Thanks for stepping in Kwkarth.   The argument gets so tiring.  

May 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #423 of 2,398
Just received my Q-Audio cable this morning (insanely fast shipping) and this has to be the lightest, most comfortable cable I've ever seen.  I'm not really a cable believer (mainly got the cable for listening comfort) but if there are any improvements sonically, I'll find out shortly

May 19, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #424 of 2,398

Quote:
(insanely fast shipping)

I looooove Priority Mail.
biggrin.gif

From California to Wisconsin (and other destinations back east) in two days, and far less expensive than UPS Second Day Air.

se

May 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #425 of 2,398

Quote:
I looooove Priority Mail.

Agreed. it is the only way I like to ship and it is pretty cheap too.

May 19, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #426 of 2,398
I wish shipping to Australia was that quick, most stuff takes around 2 weeks to reach here when I buy stuff overseas. I'm quite jealous of all you people living in the US. Can't wait for my Q-Audio cable to arrive.

May 22, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #427 of 2,398
So after being out of town on vacation, Steve sent me my Q-Audio cables and they arrived yesterday. I'm not sure how or whether the whole "burn in" concept applies to cables like these, but I couldn't resist doing some listening last night and this morning.

Count me happily among the Kool-Aid drinkers. First, the ergonomics are insane. While the weight and clamping factor of the LCD-2 have not bothered me in the least, one thing that I am sensitive to is dragging around a cable... simply not a factor for the Qs. Virtually no weight and as others have mentioned they really are as flexible as shoelaces. Zero microphonics. Since I am using my LCD-2 for both desktop and some "portable" use (i.e. when traveling and getting to my destination; not while en route), Steve made me a Grado-style flexible mini adaptor to match my main cable and I am also very pleased with that. As for the sound I don't really speak audiophile, but I have found that my ears are very sensitive to changes that others might find to be minor. With the Qs my initial impression is that I am hearing a distinct improvement in what I would call depth in the bass and lower midrange, together with a more subtle improvement in clarity throughout the spectrum over the stock cables. These improvements are very significant to me overall, and that's what counts.

Great job, Steve!

May 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #428 of 2,398

Quote:
So after being out of town on vacation, Steve sent me my Q-Audio cables and they arrived yesterday. I'm not sure how or whether the whole "burn in" concept applies to cables like these, but I couldn't resist doing some listening last night and this morning.

Count me happily among the Kool-Aid drinkers. First, the ergonomics are insane. While the weight and clamping factor of the LCD-2 have not bothered me in the least, one thing that I am sensitive to is dragging around a cable... simply not a factor for the Qs. Virtually no weight and as others have mentioned they really are as flexible as shoelaces. Zero microphonics. Since I am using my LCD-2 for both desktop and some "portable" use (i.e. when traveling and getting to my destination; not while en route), Steve made me a Grado-style flexible mini adaptor to match my main cable and I am also very pleased with that. As for the sound I don't really speak audiophile, but I have found that my ears are very sensitive to changes that others might find to be minor. With the Qs my initial impression is that I am hearing a distinct improvement in what I would call depth in the bass and lower midrange, together with a more subtle improvement in clarity throughout the spectrum over the stock cables. These improvements are very significant to me overall, and that's what counts.

Great job, Steve!

What length did you get?

May 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #429 of 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHinGA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*SNIP*

Great job, Steve!

Well put!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 22, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #434 of 2,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHinGA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The mini adaptor cable is about a foot long.

Just a bit of informed advise to prevent you from going off half cocked (actually more like a third) with the result being grievous embarrassment: Don't go whipping that thing out to try and impress the babes when HK_sends is around.
biggrin.gif

se

May 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #435 of 2,398

Quote:
Just a bit of informed advise to prevent you from going off half cocked (actually more like a third) with the result being grievous embarrassment: Don't go whipping that thing out to try and impress the babes when HK_sends is around.
biggrin.gif

se

For the babes I would use my maxi-adap... oh, hi honey-- er, nothing just answering some email, ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back