1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?

First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last
  1. Permagrin
    edit: never mind

2. WarriorAnt

Quote:
    Thanks for stepping in Kwkarth.   The argument gets so tiring.  

3. gopack87
    Just received my Q-Audio cable this morning (insanely fast shipping) and this has to be the lightest, most comfortable cable I've ever seen.  I'm not really a cable believer (mainly got the cable for listening comfort) but if there are any improvements sonically, I'll find out shortly

4. Steve Eddy

Quote:

I looooove Priority Mail. [​IMG]

From California to Wisconsin (and other destinations back east) in two days, and far less expensive than UPS Second Day Air.

se

5. KingStyles Contributor

Quote:
    Agreed. it is the only way I like to ship and it is pretty cheap too.

6. Bobcow
    I wish shipping to Australia was that quick, most stuff takes around 2 weeks to reach here when I buy stuff overseas. I'm quite jealous of all you people living in the US. Can't wait for my Q-Audio cable to arrive.

7. MHinGA
    So after being out of town on vacation, Steve sent me my Q-Audio cables and they arrived yesterday. I'm not sure how or whether the whole "burn in" concept applies to cables like these, but I couldn't resist doing some listening last night and this morning.

Count me happily among the Kool-Aid drinkers. First, the ergonomics are insane. While the weight and clamping factor of the LCD-2 have not bothered me in the least, one thing that I am sensitive to is dragging around a cable... simply not a factor for the Qs. Virtually no weight and as others have mentioned they really are as flexible as shoelaces. Zero microphonics. Since I am using my LCD-2 for both desktop and some "portable" use (i.e. when traveling and getting to my destination; not while en route), Steve made me a Grado-style flexible mini adaptor to match my main cable and I am also very pleased with that. As for the sound I don't really speak audiophile, but I have found that my ears are very sensitive to changes that others might find to be minor. With the Qs my initial impression is that I am hearing a distinct improvement in what I would call depth in the bass and lower midrange, together with a more subtle improvement in clarity throughout the spectrum over the stock cables. These improvements are very significant to me overall, and that's what counts.

Great job, Steve!

8. WarriorAnt

Quote:
    What length did you get?

9. HK_sends
    Quote:
    Well put!
    Cheers![​IMG]
    -HK sends

10. WarriorAnt
    Thanks.

11. MrQ
    How did the cat feel about being a cable model?
    grey-cat-1.jpg

12. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Hehehe.

Actually I rather like that last shot, the way he's got the cable laid out like that.

se

13. MHinGA

Quote:

My setup puts my listening chair right next to the rack, so I only needed 1.5m. I actually think the ergonomics might convince me to get a longer cable in the future for more flexibility. The mini adaptor cable is about a foot long.

14. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Just a bit of informed advise to prevent you from going off half cocked (actually more like a third) with the result being grievous embarrassment: Don't go whipping that thing out to try and impress the babes when HK_sends is around. [​IMG]

se

15. MHinGA

Quote:

For the babes I would use my maxi-adap... oh, hi honey-- er, nothing just answering some email, ahem.

First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last