1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. n3rdling

Quote:

You're far from alone.  Don't be afraid to believe the differences simply don't exist.  I don't want to pollute this thread, so I'll just recommend you check out the sound science subforum here and read a few threads to see many experiences similar to your own.

2. Canadian411

Quote:

I tried from Classic, Jazz, rock, pop, alternative, r&b, dance, trance and vocals with various format like alac/flac and standard mp3.
    Still I cannot hear the differences.

Also tried to adjust the volume, amp gains, balanced to non balanced cables, I switch back and forth with the stock cables,, they all sound the same to me.

Maybe because my headphone, amp, cables are still all brand new ? it has like less than 15 hours so far.

3. Canadian411

Quote:

This is encouraging that I am not alone :)

4. brasewel

Quote:

Agreed. I just switched back to stock yesterday after a week of using my upgraded cables and could tell the difference.

5. D_4_Dog
    people are generally more sensitive to drop in SQ compared to increase in SQ so it's not surprising that going back to stock cable will emphasize the improvements

6. Permagrin

Exactly. Same phenomenon applies to ridiculously large TVs.

7. WarriorAnt

Quote:

I think you just need to practice the art of audio perception for a while.  Get used to hearing a system one way for a long period of time.  Get to know it inside and out. Then start making changes.  Guaranteed then you'll start to notice differences.

8. Shahrose

Quote:

This is good advice. One needs to train their hearing to detect and remember subtleties.

9. WarriorAnt

Quote:

I never met a TV screen that was large enough!

10. Canadian411

Quote:

One day I will be an audiophile. :) yeah !.

11. Prog Rock Man

Quote:

5. despite the personal experiences of some people hearing a cable change sound, that change is subjective to that person and their mind. It is not objective to the actual cable and how it is made.

You are new to the forum and have yet to be affected by the general view of cables. So you have heard the actual effect of the cable (which is nill) and have not listened to the cable whilst influenced by expectation and placebo.

Now you get to make a choice, cables make no difference and I will enjoy the sound as it is and save money. Or I believe cables do make a difference and will enjoy my music more with a new cable having spent X amount of money.

12. kwkarth

Quote:
    6.   And lastly, the option of deciding there are other factors for which you find an after market cable desirable over the stock offering.  (flexibility, durability, looks, etc.)

13. Permagrin

:rolleyes:

Do you have an LCD-2 with a stock and aftermarket cable and have tested them appropriately? No? Then you're possibly giving misinformation. "It's always black and white" is bound to be wrong once.

14. Prog Rock Man
    Canadian411 is confused as to why he does not hear something that you guys do. I have given an answer as to why that is the case.

The other answers are to try switching back to the stock cable after a while and to train your listening.

I don't understand the relevance of flexibilty, durability etc to the orginal question. The other answers are also 'possibly giving misinformation'. The world is full of gray and it will be interesting to hear back from Canadian411 once he has had time to think on and act on the varous answers to his question.

15. kwkarth

Quote:

Hey, no fair discussing cables in the cable thread...  Gee, maybe that didn't come across the way I intended...
    Seriously folks, this thread is not the place to debate the general concept of whether or not cables contribute their own sound character to something.  This is the thread in which to discuss which cable you've chosen and what subjectively you like or dislike about it.  General purpose cable vs. coat hanger discussion is verboten herein.

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last