1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. sridhar3
    Quote:

sheep-dog-costume.jpg

2. DeadEars
    Hey Kevin, he's upped his game.  You'll just have to "Ram" something else past us...

3. Equus
    Bwahahaha...that's so cute and so wrong at the same time.

Going back a touch to the question about cables making a difference, that seems to be a touchy and divisive subject.  I've heard arguments on both sides, and for my ears they do make a difference.  Whether the difference is shielding or connectors or the solder being better, who knows?

4. kwkarth

Quote:
    Yeah, I was working on horning in with the ram thing...  but that photo is great..  A pug in sheep's clothing.

174622188LL.jpg

5. kwkarth

Quote:

Yeah, as much as I don't like it because I can't explain it or measure it, I still hear it.  Drives me nuts!

6. K3cT

Quote:

I think it makes a difference but it's much, much less obvious compared to getting a better source or amplifier in that order. That being said, I love my Silver Dragon v3. I got that cable specifically to brighten up the sound and make the LCD2 airier and so far the cable seems to fulfill that objectives. 

7. Equus
    Pretty much agreed.  The source and amp are going to be more easily heard, and the entire rig will determine what kind of difference (if any) the minor tweak have or don't have.  I think it's definitely one of those "last 5%" things once the rest of the chain is more nailed down.  Since, in my experience, that's where you start getting vastly diminishing (or absolutely no) returns, whether that's worth it to someone is completely a personal thing.

8. Canadian411

Quote:

Hahaha.

9. Canadian411
    I am confused....

I bought Audeze LCD2 SR71b Cu 22awg ALO audio balanced headphone cable from ALO Audio.
    And I hear no differences between this cable and the stock cable.

I also cannot tell the differences with or without SR-71b amp on any music. (mostly jazz, classic, dance and female vocal)

That leads me thinking that, 

1. I do not have gifted ears like all of you
    2. My setup is wrong
    3. Purchased the wrong cables ?
    4. Or maybe not enough burn in with my lcd2 ? (it has only 20 hours so far)

10. brasewel

Quote:

Very surprising. You're probably the only person I know who hasn't been able to differentiate the SQ between stock and aftermarket. I would suggest you continue listening with the stock and switch after 50-80 hours of burn in.

11. KingStyles Contributor
    Sometimes people have too high of expectations on what a night and day difference is. Most changes are small and could be easily missed by someone just starting into this adventures land of headfi. If you dont hear a difference be happy because you will have saved yourself probably a lot of money in the long run.

12. Canadian411

Quote:

Ya I don't hear much difference with or without headphone amp, cable upgrades, etc.
    I just want somebody to guide me what should I expect with headphone amp and balanced cable ? like better bass ? more trebles ? etc ?

Like you said I am really newbie here, help me... :)

13. grokit

Quote:

That's a good idea to go for some length of time, but I usually find that when I listen to the upgraded cable for a long period and then switch back to stock is when I notice the difference the most. You never know what you really have until it's gone type of thing.

14. WarriorAnt

Quote:

When I first started out in the world of audiophile nervosa I could not discern any type of changes but as my ability to perceive differences became practiced with time I became aware of cable changes.  Wether or not they are small or a large change in reality I do not know. But I do know that as one practices the art of audio perception what could perhaps be small changes become larger and easier to perceive.  A blessing and a curse? I do not know that either but I do know that most people treat their hearing like a secondary sense and don't practice the art of perception.  Those of use driven to high end gear and music do not treat this sense as a secondary sense and so through time we begin to perceive changes with more ease and with a quicker response.  After some time practicing the art of audio perception the difference to some can seem like night and day. 

15. kwkarth

Quote:

Let's back up a bit here...
    What sort of music do you listen to?  What bitrate?  Lossless or no?

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last