LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
May 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #361 of 2,398

Quote:
Have you seen the videos at Audio Advisor where their model ("Mary") demonstrates their cables?  She can handle my cables *anytime*!!

Haha. 
beerchug.gif

My cables came in today and I loved the packaging. Music has come to life, mids are little more forward, bass has a little more attack and speed. I'm a very satisfied customer so far.

May 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #362 of 2,398
     Quote:
Haha. 
beerchug.gif

My cables came in today and I loved the packaging. Music has come to life, mids are little more forward, bass has a little more attack and speed. I'm a very satisfied customer so far.

Trevor does excellent work and his packaging can't be beat.  Honestly, I think all of the custom "cable guys" (and gals) try their best to provide excellent products to a highly "particular in what we like" group (us).
Each has their own style and signature in their cables.  I think all of them deserve some gratitude for the hard work they do in trying to meet the demands of their customers.  ...and we are a demanding lot. 
wink_face.gif

I will never say that one cable is "better" than another; I will only say that it gives me the sound signature I most desire over the other options, readily admitting that others may have different preferences.

KUDOS Guys!!  Thanks to all of you for your hard work! 

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 13, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #363 of 2,398
Well put HK!

I've bought quite a few products from ALO and they have been more than helpful when I needed to contact them. Email I recall is the best way to get in touch with them (Ken@ALOAudio.com).

Cheers!

May 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #364 of 2,398
Well put HK!

I've bought quite a few products from ALO and they have been more than helpful when I needed to contact them. Email I recall is the best way to get in touch with them (Ken@ALOAudio.com).

Cheers!

Finally I see my order is being "completed" and shipped by fedex. I still didn't get any reply from ALO Audio but auto generated email.
Now my question is the after service, will let you guys know..

And thanks for sharing your experience.

Cheers,

May 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #365 of 2,398

DOUBLE HELIX Macromolecule Kumihimo braid 8-wire LCD2 Cables ?

Any good ?

May 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #366 of 2,398

Quote:

Any good ?

They've got to be self powered to have a name like that!  
wink_face.gif

May 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #367 of 2,398

Quote:

Any good ?

I've read great things about their high-end cables but have not tried one. I can say that I am very satisfied with their more affordable Molecule cables, I own four of them (three balanced).

May 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #368 of 2,398
Got my Q-Audio cable in the mail today.  Thanks Steve!  Have it burning in right now, but initial impressions are good.  They're also even lighter than I imagined.  I was originally was surprised that the postman put the envelope package in my tiny mailbox, but after opening the envelop and seeing how small and light the form factor is, I'm not so surprised.  Still surprised by the cable being as small and light and sounding as good as it does.

May 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #369 of 2,398
How long of a cable do you guys get? Q audio goes by meters right?

May 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #370 of 2,398
I got mine in 2.5M.

May 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #371 of 2,398

Quote:
Got my Q-Audio cable in the mail today.  Thanks Steve!  Have it burning in right now, but initial impressions are good.  They're also even lighter than I imagined.  I was originally was surprised that the postman put the envelope package in my tiny mailbox, but after opening the envelop and seeing how small and light the form factor is, I'm not so surprised.  Still surprised by the cable being as small and light and sounding as good as it does.

Let me know how it is. It is at the top of my list.The alo cable in second due to just price at the moment.

May 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #372 of 2,398

Quote:
How long of a cable do you guys get? Q audio goes by meters right?

I got 2.5m myself as well.  Allows me to wander around a little but not too much to get in the way.

Quote:

Let me know how it is. It is at the top of my list.The alo cable in second due to just price at the moment.

Will do.  So far so good.  Form what little I've heard, it's got a nice round sound and helps keep manage the treble from having too much grain, even on some of my recordings that have a tendency to be hot in the treble.  We'll see how things go as the cord settles and if that makes much of a difference.  Bass and mids are really quite nice.

May 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #373 of 2,398
How much was the 2.5meter one?

May 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #375 of 2,398
Cool..now all I need are the LCD 2's lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back