LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
May 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #346 of 2,398
Ordered one of Steve Eddy's cables for my LCD-2 after recommendations here. Hopefully it's as great in my system as everyone else's. Now just gotta wait for it to get all the way to Australia

May 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #347 of 2,398

Do you guys have any bad experience ordering stuff from ALO Audio ?

It's been couple of days I placed an order and no emails what so ever... :frowning2:

How's Moon Audio experience if anyone ordered from them.

May 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #348 of 2,398

Have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes the automated replies from online shopping carts will trigger the twitchier spam filters. I had to have my host dial mine back a bit recently because it was catching too much stuff that should have gone through.

se

May 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #349 of 2,398

Quote:

Have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes the automated replies from online shopping carts will trigger the twitchier spam filters. I had to have my host dial mine back a bit recently because it was catching too much stuff that should have gone through.

se

Yape, I checked all it says "processed", and I went to their website and looks like the order is still in pending status.

Maybe I should give them a call.  Thanks Steve.

May 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #350 of 2,398
ALO has had some issues with email response, there seems to be a bit of a bottleneck there sometimes. I would try giving them a call at the 32 ohm storefront, they really do provide excellent customer service just hit or miss on the emails.

Edit: my experience with Drew at Moon was also excellent, he was great with email response as well.

May 13, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #351 of 2,398

Quote:

It's been couple of days I placed an order and no emails what so ever... :frowning2:

Drew at Moon Audio is quite responsive, he usually responds under 12 hours accounting time zone difference. 

May 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #352 of 2,398

Quote:

Drew at Moon Audio is quite responsive, he usually responds under 12 hours accounting time zone difference. 

Thanks for the info, maybe I should just cancel my orders from ALO Audio and go with the Moon Audio. :)

Will call ALO audio and see how responsive they are, will update you guys.

Thanks a bunch !

May 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #354 of 2,398

Quote:
I thought Trevor at Norse Audio was fantastic. He was quick to respond to my emails and shipped the cable the next day. 

Is it http://www.norseaudio.com/ ? looks like down for a renovation :)

May 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #356 of 2,398

Quote:

I orderd a couple of interconnect's from Moon Audio, excellent experience, if I remember it took 10 day's from the time the order was placed till I recieved them.

May 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #357 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:

Are you planning to measure cables and see whose is longer? 
wink.gif

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Carry on.

Have you seen the videos at Audio Advisor where their model ("Mary") demonstrates their cables?  She can handle my cables *anytime*!!

May 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #358 of 2,398

Quote:
I thought Trevor at Norse Audio was fantastic. He was quick to respond to my emails and shipped the cable the next day. 

X2.

Trevor was super quick to respond to my queries. I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging and care that had gone into making the cable which by the way looks like its made for LCD-2. Definately worth the asking price.

May 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #360 of 2,398
I personally felt that my favorite cable is the Q-Audio cable.  I own 4 conductor, 8 conductor, and Silver Dragon, as well.  For those folks who find that the LCD-2 are too dark, I would say use the Silver Dragon, it might make you change your mind.  I never really came to any solid conclusions on the Norse cables, as I pretty much only use my stock cables for a day, and their wasn't a whole wow this really sounds very different, as their was with the Silver Dragon.  I did wind up always using the Norse cables, until I got the Q-Audio cable which I think gave me what I ultimately wanted out of a cable, both from an auditory and ergonomic point of view.  I think the Q-Audio cable has a slight but noticeable improvement in sound of bass and midrange.  I have ultimately decided that I can do without OCC silver headphone cable.  I like the sound very much of the copper litz wire, but in all actuality what I am even more impressed with is the workmanship of the Q-Audio cables.  I have yet to see another "small company" cable makers work that looked as good as Steve Eddy's work, especially with a type of wire as challenging to work with as Litz wire.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back