Lawton Audio LA7000, Rudistor RP010se, RWA Isabellina
Feb 1, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #32 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the HD800 killers! (in terms of appearance... for now)

I too think these headphones are beautiful, especially the cups. I do have one problem with them though visually and I wrote Mark about this issue a while ago. The stitching on the leather pads is excruciatingly awful. You could see it clearly in the pictures and I wish there were some way to modify this problem as well. The rest of the detailing on the headphone is so nice though.

Feb 1, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #33 of 63
Great review and very nice pics.

Welcome to Head-Fi
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #34 of 63
I want to thank you as well for your great write-up and impressive pictures.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #36 of 63
Thank you for your comments,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely Beautiful Rig & Awesome Pics. The Australian Sheoak is gorgeous. I'm getting a D2000 soon, then will do the LA2000 mods myself, send them out for recable and purchase some Sheoak/Sepele cups to put the finishing touches on what will certainly be My Ultimate and hopefully last HP.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

I would like to know what you think about before and after mods. Looking forward to seeing your write up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As everyone already mentioned, awesome system.

Now where did you get that headphone stand?

Woo Audio Makes them. Nicely made. It is steady and heavy solid Aluminium. The only problem is the part which you put on the headphone has sharp edge. So you could scratch your phone very easily.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too think these headphones are beautiful, especially the cups. I do have one problem with them though visually and I wrote Mark about this issue a while ago. The stitching on the leather pads is excruciatingly awful. You could see it clearly in the pictures and I wish there were some way to modify this problem as well. The rest of the detailing on the headphone is so nice though.

Those pads are quite comfortable though. And once you put on you never see the stitch anyway. If they make the stitch tighter, the pad will be stiffer and lose flexibility. And this material makes stitch points more obvious than those velvety material other company use. And velvety material is harder to clean up.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #40 of 63
As an owner of a D5000 w/ MarkL mods and a V4 Australian Bubinga cup I can and will agree w/ the OP's impressions. My amp is the lowest of Rudi's line (Sistema NX-02) but it sure synergies great w/ the Denon.

Beautiful pictures and great write up. Enjoy it.

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #41 of 63
Beautiful pictures and a good read. The wood on those headphones w/ the gold-ish jena cable looks amazing.

I'm curious about the sonic attributes of Sheoak wood, what kind of music does it favor?

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #42 of 63
Lamenthe, the Sheoak is a low-density softer wood. Very full-range with great clarity and dynamics. It's great for active listeners of high-energy music.
L3000.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #44 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jga01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I buy ones exactly like that now?

RP010 takes longest to ship. 30 days to assemble and 2 days to ship.
LA7000 too about 4 weeks. Could be shorter, depend on availability of parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick reply Markl. After this thread I'm starting to lean toward getting my D7000 modded now
ph34r.gif
Damn you head-fi!

I am sure you will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back