Lavry Black DA-10 is in the house
Mar 8, 2006 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Came home today from work and found my new DAC.

I connected it up to my iHP-140 (FLAC) the first thing.

Initial impression is the precision of the sound...locking in good at 44.1.

Have yet to receive my RME sound card, but that should come in shortly...

Mar 9, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 27
well.........how are they guys??
580smile.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 27
Impressions are early but my first is its precision...

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 27
Unfortunately I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow.

I ran out of the house for about 15 minutes earlier today, and of course, it was during exactly those 15 minutes that UPS showed up to deliver my DA10.
rolleyes.gif

So at the moment I've got a neat little UPS failed-delivery receipt to play with instead of my Lavry. Grrrr
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 27
that sucks man, i hope your errand was important!
orphsmile.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 27
Listening to mine now, balanced outs with the K340s... mmmmmmmmm
340smile.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 27
I think they must wait right around the corner waiting for us to leave...at least for us they must. They are
evil_smiley.gif
. Same thing happen to me with my ATH-A900LTDs when they came.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradH
Unfortunately I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow.

I ran out of the house for about 15 minutes earlier today, and of course, it was during exactly those 15 minutes that UPS showed up to deliver my DA10.
rolleyes.gif

So at the moment I've got a neat little UPS failed-delivery receipt to play with instead of my Lavry. Grrrr
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Listening to mine now, balanced outs with the K340s... mmmmmmmmm
340smile.gif

Really interested on this. Could you please compare diferrences between using the balanced output versus the headphone jack?

I am contemplating buying HD650 with aftermarket cable to be used with the Lavry and have to choose between a balanced cable or an aftermarked one

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
I think they must wait right around the corner waiting for us to leave...at least for us they must. They are
evil_smiley.gif
. Same thing happen to me with my ATH-A900LTDs when they came.
biggrin.gif

LOL, they are supposed to deliver mine today here in London.
It is 10:00 in the morning and nothing yet. I am not moving from my vantage position about five yards from the entrance, watching outside a big bay window.
Yesterday I have bought food, plenty of coffe and a few new CDs. I am not gonna move of one inch the whole day

Mar 10, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Really interested on this. Could you please compare diferrences between using the balanced output versus the headphone jack?

I am contemplating buying HD650 with aftermarket cable to be used with the Lavry and have to choose between a balanced cable or an aftermarked one

They are completely different. The headphone out is high current, low [relatively] voltage swing and is ideal for low impedance headphones [Grado]. The XLR out is low current [relatively], high voltage swing and is ideal for high impedance headphones [K340, Senns].

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #12 of 27
Man I've been cursed on this DA10 delivery. I got another failed UPS delivery notification today.

This time I ran out for 15 minutes much earlier in the day, figuring that way I'd be home way before the time when UPS would show up. Of course, this was based on the assumption that UPS would show up at approximately the same time as on the previous day. Nope! So now I've got two shiny delivery failure notifications and zero Lavry DA10's.

Gahhh!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradH
Man I've been cursed on this DA10 delivery. I got another failed UPS delivery notification today.

This time I ran out for 15 minutes much earlier in the day, figuring that way I'd be home way before the time when UPS would show up. Of course, this was based on the assumption that UPS would show up at approximately the same time as on the previous day. Nope! So now I've got two shiny delivery failure notifications and zero Lavry DA10's.

Gahhh!
rolleyes.gif

did you get it today?

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #14 of 27
Yup, finally! It's still in the box at the moment. I'll get to unbox and listen to it tonight when I get home from the office.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back