Launching the HD 6XX Dekoni Cablez! 🚀
Jan 9, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 42
In my expirience and asking the same question to other audiophiles that i trust NO there is no difference in sound quality , but again i like good quality cables and i respect people saying that they can listen a small differences , what i dont get is people saying they get huge differences.
I am speaking about same connection always balanced vs balanced aftermarket and unbalanced vs unbalanced aftermarket.
I haven't done much cable rolling with my headphones. But, I have done it with my IEMs. IEM cables make a huge difference in sound. The frequency response is actually altered as much as with various tips. I just bought a nice balanced cable for my HD800S. I'll see if there is a difference in sound quality with them.

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 42
Do you want a balanced, desk length, high quality cable for your HD 58X Jubilee or HD 600? Does the idea of spending $240 for the Sennheiser branded 4.4mm Pentaconn cable just seem too expensive for your HD 6XX? Are you feeling like overwhelmed by the proprietary jargon and gobbledygook used by other 3rd party companies to try to differentiate their products? Well, so does Dekoni Audio, and we are bringing what we feel is the solution to you.

C592A979-736A-4C4E-9FFE-029C1119683C.jpeg
The first and most important aspects of the Dekoni HD 6XX cable are that it is 1.2m long, lightweight, and comfortable to use with a headphone. Let’s face it, shorter is better: most of us are using our headphones at a computer desk or bed, and a 3 meter cable winds up as a vipers nest on the ground, inevitably run over by a chair. Dekoni Cablez are also noticeably lighter, great for long listening sessions. With an attractive braided finish and low microphonic “rubbing sounds” from brushing against your shirt, our cables simply let you enjoy your audio with no fuss.

Dekoni makes no claims for exotic compounds or drastic A/B test beating construction. If you do happen to hear a slightly more effortless sound, this is simply due to the short length, 5N Copper, decent gauge wire, and allowing you to get the best out of your amplifier. The Dekoni HD 6XX balanced cable enables you to use the 4.4mm Pentaconn outputs on your headphone amp. Pentaconn was developed by Sony as a new balanced connector that makes superior contact, is easy and satisfying to use, and maintains durability and portability in size. Most likely, the balanced output was probably given optimization priority over the single ended ports in the design of the amplifiers, providing the best sound quality and power output on any given device.

The Dekoni HD 6XX Cablez are launching now on our website for $119 and coming soon to our other retailers. Use the launch code “Cablez” for $20 off!

I've added this thread to my watchlist.

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #18 of 42
$119... hmm I'll never get the pricing of "quality" cables. Don't mean to be a dick but people that can't justify paying half the price of the headphone for a cable should know that there are 15 bucks options on aliexpress, that are pretty decent and get the job done.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 42
I got my original, but modded (2,5mm balanced terminated) 1,5m Sennheiser cable for ca.£35. The supplier seems to be unfortunately in confusion due to brexit, so they show everything as unavailable currently.
As it's an original cable, no issues whatsoever with connectors.

Jan 10, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #20 of 42
Jan 10, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #21 of 42
What amplifier uses an 4.4mm pentacon input? I've yet to see one, though maybe I haven't looked hard enough. I'm just NOW looking into balanced because I'm glaring hard at the Jotunheim 2.

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #22 of 42
What amplifier uses an 4.4mm pentacon input? I've yet to see one, though maybe I haven't looked hard enough. I'm just NOW looking into balanced because I'm glaring hard at the Jotunheim 2.

Balanced 4.4 signal input instead of xlr?
Or is this a typo and you mean output?

Anyway iFi ZEN covers both cases.
Balanced 4.4 input and balanced 4.4 output.

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #23 of 42
Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #24 of 42
Balanced 4.4 signal input instead of xlr?
Or is this a typo and you mean output?

Anyway iFi ZEN covers both cases.
Balanced 4.4 input and balanced 4.4 output.
I mean what device would this cable connect to. So mainly this iFi Zen? Seems limiting.

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #26 of 42
A lot of current players and amp/dacs use only 4.4 as their balanced output.
For example the FiiO Q5s TC , the iBasso DX 160 etc.
Ah so it's more for smaller devices as opposed to big amp/dacs that typicalluy use 4 pin XLRs?

Sorry for noobie questions (yes I've been around here forever, and yet just started thinking about balanced stuff).

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #27 of 42
I mean what device would this cable connect to. So mainly this iFi Zen? Seems limiting.

Lots of latest gen mid-tier chifi headphone amps utilize 4.4 HP out (e.g. Gustard, Topping, etc). That seems to be the latest trend, and in some cases have all three outputs (SE, 4.4, XLR). So we're now seeing more 4.4 outside of typical portable/DAP setup. I can't complain when companies are giving us additional choices.

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #28 of 42
Lots of latest gen mid-tier chifi headphone amps utilize 4.4 HP out (e.g. Gustard, Topping, etc). That seems to be the latest trend, and in some cases have all three outputs (SE, 4.4, XLR). So we're now seeing more 4.4 outside of typical portable/DAP setup. I can't complain when companies are giving us additional choices.
Ah that's good to hear. Didn't know it was becoming more common.

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #29 of 42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back