Latest rubber tips for ETY4. COOL!
Jun 10, 2004 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jpo245

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys check this out:

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

I was so pissed off with the flanged tips i used the ones from my sony 71s..

OMG sooooooooo comfortable, a slightly not as good noise seal, but SO SO SO comfortable...

U guys shd try it as an alternative to the foamies..

Jun 10, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #2 of 15
omg im so pleased with my self for doing it... hahaha super comfort now...

btw, i just cut down the flappy conical flanges, leaving the white centre tube, shortened it a little, and stuck the sony tips on those.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 15
Cool...but most importantly, how do the modded etys sound?
etysmile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 15
Those look great, but isn't the filter kinda exposed?

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 15
You can buy Shure soft grey flex sleeves for E3/E5 and use them on your ER4s without any modifications to the sleeve and this will help you achieve the same if not better results. In fact, all ER4 sleeves and all Shure E3/E5 sleeves are interchangeable since the sound tubes on these phones are all the same diameter.

I've done this myself and it works well. Now you have more sleeve options and just need to experiment a bit to see what fits you best.

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 15
Is it a problem if the filter is exposed like that? I experimented by shortening the triflange tip and liked the sound better (almost as good as foam tip, but much more convinient).

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 15
Just more chance for it to get clogged.

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 15
Man, if you even breathe on the Etys filters, they get clooged.
icon10.gif

Very creative, though, and it might be OK but I'll bet the sound suffers a bit..........

Jun 10, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 15
LOL, I have been using the grey tips off my E3's on my ER4's for awhile now, and they are perfect. I can't tell that the sound has been altered in any way after much experimentation.

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 15
hmm i think its time get the e3 flextips then.

Does anyone noe if a custom mould is useful?

Shoudl i bother paying 100+ bucks for a custom one for my etys, or shd i just go straight for the UE10 pros?

Jun 11, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #12 of 15
I wanna raise a question on tips:

I have both Shure Ultrasoft flex (medium) and Ety's triflange
It seems to me Shure's get less mid bass and the sound density decreased.
Do you guys have similar experience?

I use them with my ER4S and a mini amp (some custom-made using OPA2134 and diamond buffer. I dunno much about it, I just care about the sound impression)

Jun 12, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
so what are you using to fill the gap between the Ety shaft and the Sony 71 tips?

ooops sorry, I see you answered that already

"btw, i just cut down the flappy conical flanges, leaving the white centre tube, shortened it a little, and stuck the sony tips on those."

I would still be concerned about those exposed filters.

Jun 14, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #15 of 15
Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I love my eties but would like more bass output and although I've got used to the feel of them, obviously a custom ear mould will be more comfortable. The decision I've got to make is do I get the cheaper model over the next month or so, or should I wait a few months and get the UE10's.
I notice the frequency response quoted by ultimate ears is far more extended (2K) for the more expensive model, and I would love to see a direct comparison of the two units. In the meantime I'm sitting on the fence, pondering, can I wait that long? Want 'em now. Why did I ever join this forum?
As an aside, in the English Sunday papers, there was a large advert for an ear vacuum which purportedly cleans out your ears without the risk of damage using Q-tips. I don't have a scanner so I couldn't post the advert, but it does look like a load of crap. Has anyone else heard (pun) of these?

Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back