Latest Issue of Stereophile
Sep 20, 2001 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

templeboy

100+ Head-Fier
Got the subscription a couple of days ago. October issue lists Stax in Class A. No surprise here.

Although a whole bunch of Sony SACDs, carousal or not, are in Class A and Class A+. I'm itching to take the advantage of price match in another thread to upgrade my office CDP.
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2001 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
BTW,
That rating only counts for the SACD playback not the CD playback of the players.

Still impressive. And I can only speak for the 333 (but Stereophile gave the redbook playback of the 555 high marks too in this issue) when I say that its redbook playback is quite remarkable, particularly when you consider the price it can be had for nowadays.

Sep 21, 2001 at 12:35 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, that just goes to show how wrong I was when I said that Stereophile would probably rate the 333 in class C if they had known about its lower price. But I wonder if it really belongs in class A (just below the 777) considering the very negative remarks so many Stereophile readers had about the 333 (in relation to the 777) and the comparisons the Stereophile writers themselves made between the two players. But I can personally vouch for the 333 as an excellent player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back