Last week...
Nov 24, 2004 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

Last week I was not able to do much more than ship out packages and answer a few e-mails. Three seniors at our local high school were killed in an accident and it rocked me. One of the 2 girls killed was a guitar student of mine. I gave her a lesson on Thursday and on Saturday she was dead. I know her mother and had met her father a couple of times. They (the 3 kids) all had grown up here and everyone knew them. The whole community was shaken. There were 35 students in the Senior class so that was virtually 10% of the class lost.

It drove home the value of life and making sure to appreciate each and every person I know. The local community came together to support the 3 families and we all mourned together.

If I didn't answer your e-mails or get out here to reply, this is why. I apologise and things are getting back to normal. But I will never forget the 3 kids and what they meant to everyone here in Three Forks, MT.

Todd

Nov 24, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 11
That is terrible news Todd. I know you will keep the family in your prayers.
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 11
frown.gif

Was it a DUI related accident?

Man this is the kind of news that makes me go to the fridge and throw out all the nice imported beer that I have. Although I am not a real danger...there is only *so much* you can damage on a bicycle.

My prayers go out to the children and the parents
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 11
That's an awful story Todd...I know from growing up in a small town how something like that can be especially devastating. It's always hard to understand it when a young person dies...
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 11
My deepest condolences, Todd.

Dec 8, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #11 of 11
Sorry I didn't read this earlier Todd - in the past I've taught a bit of guitar myself, nothing fancy but seeing the kids light up when they fret the perfect power chord is a rewarding experience. Someday I look forward to teaching my own kid that power chord, and I'm sure your student's parents really appreciate you giving their daughter those precious hours of appreciating and creating music that she loved. My condolences go out to you and her family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back