Last song before you die...
Feb 26, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #31 of 114
Interesting that so many Finns have posted responses in this thread. The winters here really aren't that long or that bad or that cold or that depressing
eek.gif

Anyway, in my final moment, if it dawned upon me that I should queue up some music, I might come up with something along the lines of "Pony" by Tom Waits.

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #38 of 114
Song: Thief
Artist: Third Day

Lyrics:
I am a thief, I am a murderer
Walking up this lonely hill
What have I done? I don't remember
No one knows just how I feel
and I know that my time is coming soon.
It's been so long. Oh, such a long time
Since I've lived with peace and rest
Now I am here, my destination
guess things work for the best
and I know that my time is coming soon
Who is this man? This man beside me
They call the King of the Jews
They don't believe that He's the Messiah
But, somehow I know it's true.
And they laugh at Him in mockery,
and beat Him till he bleeds
They nail Him to the rugged cross,
and raise Him, they raise Him up next to me
My time has come, I'm slowly fading
I deserve what I receive
Jesus when You are in Your kingdom
Could You please remember me
and He looks at me still holding on
the tears fall from His eyes
He says I tell the truth
Today, you will live with Me in paradise
and I know that my time is coming soon
and I know paradise is coming soon.

Note: Anyone who's heard this song knows how powerful it is sung.

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #39 of 114
I've given this some thought in the past, and came to the conclusion that it would have to be "Damage, Inc." by Metallica. I've been listening to the Master of Puppets album since I was in the womb, and it's the last song on it. It's only fitting.

The runner-ups:
Faith No More - Jizzlobber
Led Zeppelin - In My Time of Dying
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
Alice in Chains - Over Now
Townes Van Zandt - Dead Flowers

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #41 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've given this some thought in the past

You sound like a very cheerful person.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #42 of 114
Hmm, very tough choice. I would think led zepellins "Stairway to Heaven" is a masterpiece. But then again i really like "Mommy's Little Monster Live" by social distortion, from their sex, love, and Rock 'n' Roll album is great. But then again, i would also love to hear Rise Against's " Swing Life Away". A very hard choice. But these are all great songs. I would have to have them all, but if it was down to one, i would go zepellin.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #43 of 114
I second the vote for Pink Floyd - Great Gig in the Sky. Though, it would really depend on my mood at the time. Also for consideration I'd think about Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine or a song that's probably never been done, but since I'm dying in the next couple of minutes, anything is possible. I'd resurrect Hendrix and have him play a funeral march like he played the Star Spangled Banner. Now that would be awesome!. BTW, that's what I'm having at my wedding - as the bride walks down the aisle, instead of a church organ I'm going to have a guitarist playing that wedding song like the Star Spangled Banner

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #44 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebascrub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd resurrect Hendrix and have him play a funeral march like he played the Star Spangled Banner.

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad one to go out on, I mean his electric guitar version the Star Spangled Banner itself. I love baseball, so it would be cool to have a voice over from Jack Buck saying "play ball" at the end of it. Afterall, life is just a game. Why should death be any different?

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #45 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kinks - Waterloo Sunset

That was my number 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back