Laser Mouse!
Sep 4, 2004 at 11:34 AM Post #31 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
i just hate the thought of recharging your mouse every now and then... and especially for people who sometimes get online for many hours non-stop.. and suddenly the battery goes flat... what a bummer...
thats why im happy with my MX500.

No, no!!! The recharging doesn't bother me at all. The only thing you have to do, is to place the mouse (MX700 in my case) into a recharger when you go to sleep. Not every nite, I do this 2-3 times per week. It happened to me only twice in two years, that I run out of the batteries, cos I forgot to recharge it overnite.

Sep 4, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #32 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I'm in dire need of a new gaming mouse. This one looks to be the one. I hope.
Hoping this is better than Razor's Optical mouse.

-Ed

What will you blame your inaccuracy on once you own this?
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #33 of 66
lol. nice one. But that may be possibly true in a way. I find my intellimouse explorer 2.0 wireless perfectly fine for games like counter-strike and Call Of Duty. Maybe I'm just too used to it. If I had the extra money and didnt know what to do with it, this mouse would be on my top 10 list.
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #34 of 66
Yay, LASER is coming. If you don't count the craptacular generic 2-button mouses a decade ago, I've ever owned two mouses. First there was the Logitech Mouseman and now I'm using Logitech Dual Optical. So you see this fits right into my plan: one Logitech per technology
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #35 of 66
For some reason, I just can't get excite about mice. It's like having a fancy refrigeration. Yes, impressive and all, but after a couple days, it's just another mouse. 20x times more sensitive? What program to I have that even calls for that? I would like a stylus mouse for creating graphics, however.

Sep 4, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #37 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
For some reason, I just can't get excite about mice. It's like having a fancy refrigeration. Yes, impressive and all, but after a couple days, it's just another mouse. 20x times more sensitive? What program to I have that even calls for that? I would like a stylus mouse for creating graphics, however.

Games.

I don't use a mouse for graphics work.
-Ed

Sep 4, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #39 of 66
Somebody pm me when the corded laser arrives. ^^

Also when they make a 19inch 10ms hydis lcd moniter hehe...

Biggie.

Sep 5, 2004 at 9:20 AM Post #41 of 66
i wonder why cant they invent a ground breaking technology for mouse...
eg. using kinetic movement (or something like that) as an energy source... so basically a wireless mouse that draws energy from the movement of the mouse (when you are using it) and create energy from that... so you can use it forever without having to recharge..

eg. like those kinetic watches..

Sep 5, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #43 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
i wonder why cant they invent a ground breaking technology for mouse...
eg. using kinetic movement (or something like that) as an energy source... so basically a wireless mouse that draws energy from the movement of the mouse (when you are using it) and create energy from that... so you can use it forever without having to recharge..

eg. like those kinetic watches..

I have a Seiko kinetic watch, and it's a pretty nifty technology, but I think powering a LED or laser would require a bit more power than the oscillation of a quartz crystal.
wink.gif
Not to mention the movement of a mouse is very erratic compared to the simple swinging motion of a person's hand that the watches are designed to take advantage of... I'm not even sure if that'll work.

~KS

Sep 7, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #44 of 66
What if you did something like this? Ona a smaller scale of course, and have one for forward and back movements and one for side to side movements.

/threadjacking

Sep 7, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #45 of 66
All those thinking of upgrading to an mx700, it is at newegg for $47 minus a $10 MIR, leaving it at the same price as the mx500 ($37)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back