Las Vegas: So damn hott that I have to run at 2am
Jul 3, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It ranges from 90-100 degrees.
icon10.gif

Also, expect the 100+ degree temperatures to last throughout September which it will probably dip down to the 90's or so. Don't worry though, you'll get used to it after a couple years.
cool.gif

Really?

We took a school trip last year to Utah in April, where we camped out for 10 days. During the day it would get up to ~85 but at night it would dip down to 30. We would wake up with snow on our tents sometimes.

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #17 of 51
Yeah that sure is hot.

Just remember, Vegas has been this hot for this period of time in the 1940's and late 1970's, so it's nothing new
wink.gif
. Just hide inside and enjoy modern air conditioning!

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #19 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think that using a threadmill ...

So is that what some of the guys on this forum use to get their post count absurdly high?
tongue.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How cold does it get at 2am? LV is in the desert, so I'd imagine it gets pretty cold at night.

It was 94 last night, but its usually high 80s at 1am-2am.

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #21 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least you won't perspirate as much; sweat will evaporate the minute it comes out of your skin ;p At least that's what occurred to me during my stay in Phoenix.

Yea, thats a great thing about it. I dont mind the heat, but 100's later at night is crazy.

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #22 of 51
i'm in vegas for the summer cuz my family lives here, and yes it's really, really hot here. hotter than last summer if i remember correctly! high today is like 112 or something... and it's supposed to be 117 on thursday, yikes!

thank goodness for swimming pools!

Jul 4, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #25 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think that using a threadmill would be healthier than running in that heat.
confused.gif

Not wholly true since gymnasiums (which I would assume one would fine a treadmill) can be filled with germs in the air and equipment. I get wet noses everytime I am forced to use the gym by rainy weather.

Besides, running on a treadmill is vastly different experience from running on track, wind resistance for one makes road running tougher. Scenery change (or lack thereof) on the treadmill makes the whole experience more monotonus.

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #26 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not wholly true since gymnasiums (which I would assume one would fine a treadmill) can be filled with germs in the air and equipment. I get wet noses everytime I am forced to use the gym by rainy weather.

Besides, running on a treadmill is vastly different experience from running on track, wind resistance for one makes road running tougher. Scenery change (or lack thereof) on the treadmill makes the whole experience more monotonus.

x2, I hate treadmills, no sense of progress what so ever. I like going places when I run. And rain is a huge plus for running. I love the rain!

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #27 of 51
I was in Healdsburg, CA a couple of weeks ago and I think it was 110. I'm not too fond of heat, but I honestly didn't mind it as much as I anticipated I would. As long as I don't have to sit in the sun I can tolerate most hot weather. I can only run in my imagination though.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Global warming. If people don't realize that this is changing rapidly the face of earth soon it might be too late.

Las Vegas is in the middle of a desert. Its supposed to be hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back