Larry ****ing Brown!!
Jul 27, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #16 of 19
I love how pure general manager genius works. Let's throw lots of dough at a head coach and voila!, the team turns around overnight. Nevermind the players on the court aren't too hot, Larry Brown will win the games for them. If Prof. Thomas (who hasn't made a good move yet, but still has a job somehow) really wanted to turn the team around, he should have let Herb Williams grow a bit as head coach, and made the best move possible, remove the cancerous growth, aka, Stephon Marbury. Why no GM in basketball hasn't figured out yet that every team he's played for has done better after he exits is a mystery to me.

As for Larry Brown, good luck, buddy. Anyone who has to deal with Marbury on a daily basis has my deepest sympathies. He's going to regret signing that contract.

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #17 of 19
I honestly don't think Stephon Marbury is as bad as you say. The Timberwolves didn't really do any better after he left. They still kept losing in the first round for years. To put the blame on NY sucking on Marbury is pretty unfair to the guy. You have to remember that in NJ there were a lot of injuries when Stephon was there, although Kidd was obviously a better fit. Just look at what Larry Brown did for Philly, I think if you build a good defensive team around Marbury like they did for Iverson they could do the same thing. Although I honestly don't see that happening with NY's cap problems.

Jul 28, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #19 of 19
"It's (the Knicks' head coach) my dream job." - Larry Brown

"I love my brother dearly, but every job is his 'dream job'." - Herb Brown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back