Lark Studio ::OFFICIAL NEW THREAD:: Reviews, Impressions, Discussion
Feb 11, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #31 of 43
Unique Melody has separate Japanese releases, and even 64Audio has had tunings specifically for the Asian market. Multiple versions of the same named IEM isn't really a new thing, but it's also not something that a whole lot of people pay attention to.

Yeah, I knew UM did that (and other places as well), but I was under the (wrong) impression that the LSIV would actually be a regional exclusive.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #32 of 43

Attachments

• D571B9F8-39EB-4A13-B8C1-E7077341CB76.jpeg
    D571B9F8-39EB-4A13-B8C1-E7077341CB76.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4F6C838C-25A3-4939-8E61-35CA510FA0EF.jpeg
    4F6C838C-25A3-4939-8E61-35CA510FA0EF.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ADD9A903-1351-4229-9B79-D366257CCC8B.jpeg
    ADD9A903-1351-4229-9B79-D366257CCC8B.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 0
  • C632B221-E69D-4A91-9454-CA4790A1CB99.jpeg
    C632B221-E69D-4A91-9454-CA4790A1CB99.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #33 of 43
LSIV finally announced in Korea - prices are higher than on Linsoul though.

$570ish for universal
$610ish for custom

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #34 of 43
Just received a demo lsIV unit. Here are some photos
https://m.facebook.com/simplyaudiophile/

Nice, they took my advice to slightly recess the 2-pin. It doesn't effect the body size and increases pin security. There's no reason not to do it.

News: the Lark Studio rep said there will be one tuning worldwide, and it is the one that is already out.

Good news for folks who don't want to wait for official worldwide release.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #35 of 43
Yep, got confirmation today from the distributor here that there is no Japan-only tuning. The cable might be different between the Japanese & international releases (Rhapsodio Pandora Dwarf vs. stock SPC cable), though I’m not 100% sure.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #37 of 43
Hey guys, Lark Studios have generously loaned me a universal demo of their 10-driver LSX IEM. I've given it a listen and here are my first impressions. :)

Lark Studios LSX - First Impressions

Lark Studios’ LSX possesses a warm, full-bodied, organic sound. Driven by a meaty mid-bass, instruments carry a rich, euphonic tinge to them, complemented by the shimmer of the top-end. Unlike most modern flagships, the LSX is more of a throwback to the HD650s, or the LCD-2s, or the Noble K10s of old. At the heart of its presentation is smooth, easy listening, rather than ultra-clarity. Electric guitars are a highlight instrument, especially on slow rock or ballads. This is perhaps the most emotional and resonant I’ve heard John Mayer’s Edge of Desire. The haunting, moving emotionality of The Staves’ Don’t Let Me Down is showcased at its fullest on the LSX as well. In a strange way, its harmonic response is particularly good at conveying melancholy. Hopefully that translates to at least some of you as more than just a random observation. :D

As mentioned, the bass really is the LSX’s heartbeat. Kick drums are rendered with roundedness, body and warmth. But at the same time, their hits are clean as well. The same goes for the LSX’s verve-y, funky bass lines. The mid-bass emphasis - and the accompanying wet, warm timbre - may not be to the liking of all bassheads. But, if you’re the sort of basshead to cherish a low-end’s weight, quality and timbre, the LSX will surely please. This transitions smoothly to the midrange in an almost downward slope. The LSX positions its upper-mids (and therefore, its vocal presence) neutrally on the stage in the form of compact notes. But because of its technical prowess, that distance does not translate to detachment. Despite its inherently pillow-y, syrup-y signature, the LSX possesses impressive resolution. Instruments come through without a muffle or a veil. Although they’re darker in tone, the blackness of the background creates enough of a contrast, such that you can still easily distinguish them.

Now, micro-detail retrieval is obviously not its strong suit. The LSX is capable of rendering them, but they’re details you have to dig for, rather than ones that are brought to you. But at the end of the day, a surgical tool is never what the LSX was anyway. It’s a piece that - through warmth, smoothness and coherence - infuses a comfortable ease to the listening experience; almost like a cozy sweater or a soft, silky blanket. But at the same time, it offers modern technical refinement, admirable resolution and vast imaging to the table too, which truly sets it apart from its peers. This is most true of the top-end. The treble rides the line brilliantly between articulate and inoffensive. It’s shimmery, clear, bodied and naturally-paced too. There’s a relaxing, un-showy, come-and-go feel to the treble that ever so lightly strokes the ear before making its exit. Transience is sufficient to ensure nothing sounds dulled, flat or muffled. And, sufficient upper-treble presence is maintained to support the LSX’s stable, well-organised and roomy stage.

This concludes my first impressions of the Lark Studios LSX. Look out for the full review in a month or so. :wink:

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #39 of 43
I have received the LSIV today to review. My first impressions are very positive. Build quality, look, comfort all are very good. I like the cable too. It is quite a nice feeling to touch them as well. :)

I think, for £369 ($442) these are very solid IEMs. Regarding the sound it is early to say anything, but in my opinion this is when neutral tuning is done right. Nicely balanced sound signature with not overwhelming but well-contoured bass, present mids and airy, detailed treble without sounding bright. I have to say, these are a pleasant surprise, especially for the price.
IMG_20190821_171906559.jpg

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #40 of 43
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back