LARGE SIZE [of slicksound earbuds]
Mar 31, 2002 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that I realize that the adapter doesnot have to go deep into the ear canel, I thought that I would try the big pair because they are so much bigger and would have a bigger sound chamber. So I put on the big ones and they fit verywell in my ear and guess what. They do have a much bigger sound due to thier bigger size and bigger sound chamber, and they seem to fit even better. If anyone gets them remember not to put them in to far and just put them on the outer rim of the ear bud so sound chamber stays big. This is referring to the slicsound earbud adaptor

Mar 31, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 14
uh I dont think so I just notice that the large slicksound sounded better that the medium one but maby I should have posted it with the other slicksound post if so I am sorry

Mar 31, 2002 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 14
tip: mention what the hell you're talking about somewhere in the topic title
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #8 of 14
...when I first read those first couple of Slicsound posts, I though "well, this is really sad: this poor guy is getting beaten up on by some real arseholes." However, the more I read into these messages, the more and more skeptical I become, like others in previous posts, about whether this guy is just a Slicsound shill or not.

Furthermore, why are his previous posts locked for further postings?

- Matt

Apr 1, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #10 of 14
...is this gosh damned site going to go the way of newsgroups, i.e. filled with BS spam?

I guess they got clever on us, but luckily we're not buying it. My, this ought to be a crime.

How can we, as a vital, organic community, stop this duplicitous shill B.S. before it takes hold? Any idears, anyone? For instance, if a person gets enough complaints from enough different people, a mod should kick them. Then, if the shill returns, we members note the post similarities, notify the mods and they kick them again, etc.

- Matt

Apr 1, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #11 of 14
That's a GRATE idea.

But seriously, I think it's a good thing that everyone is critical of anyone posting because it is our job to get to the bottom of things and to find the truth amoung the BS the lies and sometimes the misunderstandings in order to sort things out. Everyone has heard that slicsound's are bad(except for me apparently), and so they were immediatly able to clarify that they are not in fact everything that LTUCCI1924 claimed them to be. This criticism weeded out the lie and now LTUCCI1924 knows that he is not going to get anywhere in this forum. If we continue to criticize and argue our points logically and with good reason, then people who are lying will not be able to get anywhere. And those who are misinformed or confused will be directed in the right path. For the most part, the people here at Head-Fi are smart, kind, and understanding. We need to use our wits and our understanding to keep this forum free of all the miscreants and I think we do an admirable job. This is by far the best place on the web for anyone to ask a question about headphones and receive the most well informed, caring, and personalized answers. And with hard asses like Hamsterball_Z, and Delenda we are able to maintain that atmosphere, because they scare off all of the posers and the people who do not share in the spirit of the forum.

Sorry to rant . . .

Apr 1, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 14
...and I agree. I really hope that we'll maintain a seriously no-tolerance environment from that kind of shiz. It really pisses me off that some **** would register here expressly for the purpose of ripping our hard-earned money off.

- Matt

Apr 1, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #13 of 14
I look into all suspicious posts that I come across, as well as ones that are reported to me.

As I mentioned in another post, you might be surprised how many commercial posts I delete in a given month -- I know other moderators do too.

There are three active "cases" of possible shill profiles I'm suspicious of now. One I have gathered information against that is pretty much irrefutable -- the manufacturer appeared to be posting under the guise of a satisfied consumer of their own products (a much more common practice than you might think, and one that we will be very vigilant about here). It appeared they were doing this here at Head-Fi, and also at Audio Asylum, Audiogon, and the Usenet. Apparently, they didn't understand the concept of IP addresses, because they were leaving footprints everywhere. Because the information I gathered does not technically prove the case 100% yet, I won't mention who the company is (so don't bother asking). But it was enough for me to contact this apparent shill profile via PM, and (gee, what a surprise) they haven't posted here, at Audio Asylum, or at Audiogon again since.

So, long story short, we're watching very carefully. We will do everything reasonable to make sure Head-Fi never resembles the Usenet. And always look at posts that read more like ad copy with great caution. The more I find out, the more I think I'll stick with trusted, reputable companies to buy hi-fi products from.

Apr 1, 2002 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 14
I read a thread here at head-fi about slicksound so I sought after them. It was not an easey task, but I managed to get them. How many of you hard asses have had a pair of them in your ears. Yet you put them down and call me a shill for really likeing them. You bitch and moan like a bunch of babies and have no respect for a member with a different opion than yours. Who do you guys think you are? the headphone GODS. I think a few of you are really sick and like to shove your weight around by typing stuff like you are tough or really know something about something. I wish you could be face to face with me so we could have a good talk. I agree that this forum does help people but that dont give some of you the right to belittle other members and say that they are whatever even if they are not what you might think that they are. Where is the fairness of head-fi fellowship if members dont accept other members opions. I could never talk to other people about my headphones and equitment because they just didnot care so I thought that I have found a place that does want to head about that stuff but maybe I am wrong. All you seem to want to take about is who is accepted and what do they have to say. Next time I sign in I will bow dont first to apease the few

Users who are viewing this thread

Back