Lamb skin Headband for Grado RS-1..
Feb 27, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 5

milkpowder

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by robster
hi,I have a pair of Grado RS-1's,thinking about getting a padded lambskin head band. Any idea if the ones Headphile sells will fit? I asked Larry @ Headphile and he wasn't sure if it would snap in the middle.

Cheers,
Robert

Not an answer to your question, but isn't the headband of the RS-1/RS-2/SR-325i made of padded leather already? I heard the Headphile headband isn't padded, albeit more supple?!

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 5

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
I actually got my PS-1000 fitted with one of headphile's headbands. Hated it for my PS-1000. However, I switched it out with my RS-1's headband and love the combination. The headphile headband isn't padded but it is very light, so the RS-1's get even lighter. Headphile's headband, IMHO, are tailor made for the RS-1 and I would recommend that anyone with an RS-1 get it fitted with Larry's headbands.

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 5

wolfen68

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
However, I switched it out with my RS-1's headband and love the combination......IMHO, are tailor made for the RS-1 and I would recommend that anyone with an RS-1 get it fitted with Larry's headbands.

Aren't the headbands sewn on by Larry? Did you disassemble to trade it out?

I also see a reference to a "snap". The lambskin pad I have from headphile is fully sewn.
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 5

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Aren't the headbands sewn on by Larry? Did you disassemble to trade it out?

I also see a reference to a "snap". The lambskin pad I have from headphile is fully sewn.
confused.gif

It's easy - just pull the metal rod out from the headband and switch out the drivers and cups.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread