La Figaro 339
Oct 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,014 of 6,900
  In case you guys are interested. Tung Sol mesh plate:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/181228618284?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

edit: I am not from UK, hence I'm not the seller.

thanks for the heads up, saw these as well thanks to an alert—shame it's only for one, but fills me with hope hehe 

There were several Japanese manufacturers that made them: http://www.geocities.jp/radiomann/HomePageVT/Radio_tube_5C.html#6SJ7GT

amazing link, thanks Oskari!

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #2,015 of 6,900

thanks for the heads up, saw these as well thanks to an alert—shame it's only for one, but fills me with hope hehe 

amazing link, thanks Oskari!

What is the going rate for a pair of TS mesh plate 6SJGT these days?

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #2,016 of 6,900
What is the going rate for a pair of TS mesh plate 6SJGT these days?

Thats a very good question..as i am very curious bout that also..i think last dec i saw a matched pair going for 95usd.. Single they can be affordable..but i also saw a pair last year doing 150usd..that was a NOS matched pair..so i am curious also.. Googling doesnt help as they are very rare and almost wont turn up for sale..in a matched pair i mean! Good that i have a matched pair.. :wink:

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,017 of 6,900
 Thats a very good question..as i am very curious bout that also..i think last dec i saw a matched pair going for 95usd.. Single they can be affordable..but i also saw a pair last year doing 150usd..that was a NOS matched pair..so i am curious also.. Googling doesnt help as they are very rare and almost wont turn up for sale..in a matched pair i mean! Good that i have a matched pair..

I picked two matched pairs (4 tubes in total) including a JAN set for $50 total on ebay recently.  Gonna hold on to them even though I have sold my LF339. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2,019 of 6,900

I picked two matched pairs (4 tubes in total) including a JAN set for $50 total on ebay recently.  Gonna hold on to them even though I have sold my LF339. 

Thats a very good question..as i am very curious bout that also..i think last dec i saw a matched pair going for 95usd.. Single they can be affordable..but i also saw a pair last year doing 150usd..that was a NOS matched pair..so i am curious also.. Googling doesnt help as they are very rare and almost wont turn up for sale..in a matched pair i mean! Good that i have a matched pair..
wink.gif

I got a NOS Matched pair for $50

Now, it seems that the challenge is not the cost, but sighting them on sale. They are really end-all preamp tubes. I wonder if any other amps, not necessarily headphone amps, were specified to use 6SJGT.

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,020 of 6,900
^indeed, it appears to be more of a waiting game.

I'm hoping i've found mesh plates for myself, Japanese ones no less…

+

got my ts5998s, had a quick demo to check them out and i'm surprised at the difference in the soundstage already, practically throwing instruments to the sides in comparison.

++

Hmmn, I've heard of mesh plates and grey plates - have you ever heard of grey mesh plates?? hehe, more on this soon…

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #2,022 of 6,900
anyone seen mesh plates like this before?

made in japan

+

just got some 6SJ7WGTs, they sound quite good—a bit odd though, they stay quite cool - is that normal? volume did decrease a bit when i switched over to them…

don't think i'm going to bother with anymore for now and save my money over diminishing returns. perhaps i'll get tung sol GTs if i stumble across a pair. 
cool.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2,023 of 6,900
if a tube makes a buzz for less than a second when they are switched on, is that a sign of problems to come? silent for hours and hours when it's on, but just when i turn it on there's buzz as though it's not properly seated, but it is as far as i can tell…

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #2,025 of 6,900
Amp on. Tubes heat up. Plug in headphone.
Do not keep your phones plugged in when turning on and off in an OTL design and always let the tubes warm up.

+1 i agree..i let my 337 warm up for at least 15-30min before attaching headphones and listening to music..and when done listening: i always first turn volume down to zero..and then disconnect headphones and only then switch off amp.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back