La Figaro 339
Nov 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #139 of 6,900
Yesterday my lafigaro 339 arrive in good condition, sorry can't put picture my camera broken.
Sound natural, smooth, wide, and fast and dead silent, but after i try to change with ef80 i can hear very terrible noise. When I close the left vol and open the right vol i can hear lite sound+ noise from left side and when i open the left vol and close the right vol i can hear lite sound+ noise from the right, and when i open vol on both side both can hear very terrible noise. Need help and advise is that's mean the ef80 not compatible with lafigaro 339 or my converter broken, or my ef80 broken?

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #140 of 6,900

Quote:
Yesterday my lafigaro 339 arrive in good condition, sorry can't put picture my camera broken.
Sound natural, smooth, wide, and fast and dead silent, but after i try to change with ef80 i can hear very terrible noise. When I close the left vol and open the right vol i can hear lite sound+ noise from left side and when i open the left vol and close the right vol i can hear lite sound+ noise from the right, and when i open vol on both side both can hear very terrible noise. Need help and advise is that's mean the ef80 not compatible with lafigaro 339 or my converter broken, or my ef80 broken?

Is it a buzzing sound? Could just be that the tube needs to burn in for 24 - 48 hours or so.

Hurry up and get your camera fixed 
wink_face.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #141 of 6,900

My Lafigaro picture

Thanks Alvin sawdust my ef80  now dead silent
Hi Red bull and Alvin sawdust, as a newbie need your advise tube pairing for beyerdynamic dt 880 600 ohm, and tube pairing for akg k701?

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #142 of 6,900
Great pics Ridy1, he's a handsome beast.

Sorry, can't really offer much on what tubes suit which phones as i only have senn hd650. I recently changed the amperex bugle boy EF80 for telefunken EF800 and i am pleased with the results. Not as punchy as the amperex but more midrange clarity and airiness.

Bear in mind when rolling tubes, you will not really change the character of the amp, just slight differences in the presentation.

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #147 of 6,900

Great pics Ridy1, he's a handsome beast.

Sorry, can't really offer much on what tubes suit which phones as i only have senn hd650. I recently changed the amperex bugle boy EF80 for telefunken EF800 and i am pleased with the results. Not as punchy as the amperex but more midrange clarity and airiness.

Bear in mind when rolling tubes, you will not really change the character of the amp, just slight differences in the presentation.

Ok thanks a lot for the input Alvin Sawdust, any input from Mr Red Bull? Pleasee

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #148 of 6,900
Quote:

My Lafigaro picture

Thanks Alvin sawdust my ef80  now dead silent
Hi Red bull and Alvin sawdust, as a newbie need your advise tube pairing for beyerdynamic dt 880 600 ohm, and tube pairing for akg k701?

I'd say 339 looks prettier than my old DV 337, I like the BIG 339 logo at the top, it looks cool.  Thanks for the pics.

I don't think we have the same driver tube.  337 used 6SJ7 based driver, you have different tube (EF80).  Most I can advice is the power tube, but again, I only have HD650, although I listen to DT880 600 ohms and 701 before, but I never pair them with 339.

What I can do is just to guess some alternative.  You can try 6AS7 type power tube or 5998.

6AS7 is generally smoother than 6080, have more bass (slightly more flabby than the 6080), slightly roll off treble, depending on the tube matching and your taste on treble and bass, you might or might not like it.  But with DV337 and HD650, I prefer 6AS7 than 6080, by faar, it is easier to listen and not fatiguing.  It cost around $40 NOS in ebay and $20 used, before shipping.

5998 is very hard to get and pretty expensive, can be around $70 a pair, if you can even find one.  It is very dynamic, very fast, bass is tighter, high is good, but somewhat is not as smooth as 6AS7.  I still prefer 6AS7 though.

6080 bass is tighter than 6AS7, soundstage is wider tooo, but somehow I find it's quite fatiguing so I don't really bother to use 'em.

There are other power alternatives like 6N5P (Chinese) or 6H13C (Russian), they are not as 'refined' as 6AS7, but acceptable, I prefer the Chinese one tho, to me they're slightly smoother than the Russian, but my fiend prefer the 'spark' from the Russian. 

Is that 6N5P that I see in the picture?

Nov 6, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #149 of 6,900

I'd say 339 looks prettier than my old DV 337, I like the BIG 339 logo at the top, it looks cool.  Thanks for the pics.

I don't think we have the same driver tube.  337 used 6SJ7 based driver, you have different tube (EF80).  Most I can advice is the power tube, but again, I only have HD650, although I listen to DT880 600 ohms and 701 before, but I never pair them with 339.

What I can do is just to guess some alternative.  You can try 6AS7 type power tube or 5998.

6AS7 is generally smoother than 6080, have more bass (slightly more flabby than the 6080), slightly roll off treble, depending on the tube matching and your taste on treble and bass, you might or might not like it.  But with DV337 and HD650, I prefer 6AS7 than 6080, by faar, it is easier to listen and not fatiguing.  It cost around $40 NOS in ebay and $20 used, before shipping.

5998 is very hard to get and pretty expensive, can be around $70 a pair, if you can even find one.  It is very dynamic, very fast, bass is tighter, high is good, but somewhat is not as smooth as 6AS7.  I still prefer 6AS7 though.

6080 bass is tighter than 6AS7, soundstage is wider tooo, but somehow I find it's quite fatiguing so I don't really bother to use 'em.

There are other power alternatives like 6N5P (Chinese) or 6H13C (Russian), they are not as 'refined' as 6AS7, but acceptable, I prefer the Chinese one tho, to me they're slightly smoother than the Russian, but my fiend prefer the 'spark' from the Russian. 

Is that 6N5P that I see in the picture?

Thanks very much for the input Mr Red Bull and that's tube is 6N13P not a 6N5P, I will try 6AS7, 5998' and 6N5P.

Is that's same btw 6N13P and 6N5P?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back