La Figaro 339
Jun 12, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #4,232 of 6,900
Anyone stacking a gumby under a 339? Looking at dacs and gumby is on my list...also, what dacs are u guys using?

I'm using a Grace Design SDAC (from Mass Drop) piped into a Darkvoice 336se, which has similar OTL architecture to the 339, but isn't dual-mono.

The sound is excellent!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #4,233 of 6,900
I've replaced my Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC with a Topping D50 recently. I like the sound of the D50 and have been thinking of another DAC upgrade, while sticking to the Sabre 9038 chip. With that in mind, I have been eyeing the Gustard X22. The other DAC I am debating is the RME ADI-2 DAC; leaning more to the Gustard though. I was considering the Gungnir Multibit; but decided against it,as it seems you have to leave it on constantly to sound good.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #4,234 of 6,900
I've replaced my Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC with a Topping D50 recently. I like the sound of the D50 and have been thinking of another DAC upgrade, while sticking to the Sabre 9038 chip. With that in mind, I have been eyeing the Gustard X22. The other DAC I am debating is the RME ADI-2 DAC; leaning more to the Gustard though. I was considering the Gungnir Multibit; but decided against it,as it seems you have to leave it on constantly to sound good.
I think rme or gungnir is your best bet

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #4,236 of 6,900
I think rme or gungnir is your best bet

What makes you say that? I am interested in the RME, but was leaning towards the Gustard with the Sabre chip. I figure the non-PRO Sabre chip sounds good and is to my liking, so the Gustard would be a good fit. I really do like the looks and feature set of the ADI-2 DAC, but my concern is it is a DAC & amp. To me, it feels like I would be paying $500 for a piece of the ADI-2 DAC that I will hardly use. Without the amp functionality, how much cheaper would it have been and would that difference be better spent on a unit where the price goes solely towards the DAC feature set? Upgrading to either probably won't happen too soon, so I will have some time to contemplate each more.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #4,237 of 6,900
Anyone stacking a gumby under a 339? Looking at dacs and gumby is on my list...also, what dacs are u guys using?

IME the Gumby is the best DAC pairing I've yet heard with the 339. I upgraded to the Yggy, and while it was very good, the synergy was even better between the Gumby and the 339. I still miss that chain! I also liked the original Gungnir DS pairing. Other DACs I've tried are Theta DS Progeny, and the Sonic Frontiers SFD-1 MKII SE+.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #4,238 of 6,900
It's been stated before, but I need to reiterate how good the GE 6AS7GA are for the HD600s in this amp. Never fails to impress me. It's been a long time since I've rolled these.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #4,241 of 6,900
Just an update on the adapters... It looks like end of July is when they'll be able to get them in and completed. That's tentative though. There's currently bulk 339 orders being created along with some custom amps (including mine :)). If you don't feel like waiting, no problem, I can remove your name from the list. Just let me know.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #4,242 of 6,900
Just an update on the adapters... It looks like end of July is when they'll be able to get them in and completed. That's tentative though. There's currently bulk 339 orders being created along with some custom amps (including mine :)). If you don't feel like waiting, no problem, I can remove your name from the list. Just let me know.

Perfectly fine for me, thanks for making this happen!

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #4,243 of 6,900
I'm ok waiting. Thanks for the update.

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4,244 of 6,900

Can I still order a pair of EF86 adapters through you? I would like a pair of Yuking made adapters. I have the EF80 ones but not the EF86. For the EF86, I got those off ebay and they don't look good.

Jun 28, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #4,245 of 6,900
Can I still order a pair of EF86 adapters through you? I would like a pair of Yuking made adapters. I have the EF80 ones but not the EF86. For the EF86, I got those off ebay and they don't look good.

Mizicke5273 (EF86, EF80 - two pairs each, USA)
maximus69 (EF86, EF80 - one pair each, USA)
Josh76 (EF86, EF80 - one pair each, USA)
elNan (EF86, EF80 - one pair each, USA)
danniveng (EF86, EF80 - one pair each, Denmark)
maheeinfy (EF86, EF80 - one pair each, USA)
flac4me (EF86, EF80 - one pair each, USA)
UntilThen (EF86 - one pair, Australia)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back