1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

La Figaro 339

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by cal8949, Jul 15, 2010.
First

Back
272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281
283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292
Next

Last
  1. MJS242
    NO

Liu Junyuan likes this.
  2. Mizicke5273

Sounds good to me.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  3. maximus69
    Great! Sounds good to me. Thanks for all ur efforts!

4. Mizicke5273
    I re-seated the tubes in the adapters and the static is now gone.

maximus69 likes this.
  5. wwmhf
    Good know one of the possible solutions

6. maheeinfy
    Just checking what the next step is on this

7. alphanumerix1
    Hi guys,

I've come here from massdrop interested in this tube amp. As you do you research before making a purchase (Well most of the time) I just have a few questions maybe you guys could answer as i have no experience with tube amps and your insight would be extremely valuable.

From a quick search i see their are multiple versions of this amp I've seen a "standard" version a "upgraded version" and multiple (custom?) versions with different components in the chassis.Is that correct?

If may be too much to ask but what are the differences between versions? Is it just better components or is there something else as well.

I see that massdrop is selling the upgraded version for $650usd but with shipping to Australia that takes it up to $755usd which basically the price shipped from shenzhenaudio as they do free worldwide shipping afaik. Before i pull the trigger on this amp is there anything i should be aware of?

The headphone's ill be using are hd600, hd800 and maybe a T1 down the track.

As this is my first foray in tube amps i don't know alot of about tube rolling and all that entails but it is something i'd like to explore.

Thanks all

8. ohsigmachi
    Why not get a Darkvoice 336se first and see if you like the "tube sound" with your current headphone collection?

If you dig the overall impression, but want a more resolving amp with a bit more clarity, sell it and THEN get the Figaro...

P.S. I love my Darkvoice with the MD x Senn HD6XX

9. alphanumerix1
    Yknow that wouldn't be a bad idea, but that hassle of selling and repurchasing isn't very appealing. I have 1kaud to spend and the 339 seems like its universally loved. I was also looking at the cayin headphone tube amp but that takes me over my budget of 1kaud.

10. alphanumerix1
    5768363.jpg 5768350.jpg 6337396_thumb.jpg 6640021_thumb.jpg what I meant by different versions. Are these user requested modified versions?

11. MJS242
    I'd recommend reading up on this thread. This amp has undergone a few improvements/changes over the course of it's lifetime. What you get from massdrop will be the latest version (no different from what you get from shenzhen audio, aliexpress, yuking direct, etc). Currently, massdrop is the cheapest option.

Custom amps are available if you're willing to do some homework and source your own parts (and communicate with yu king directly). The pictures you posted are custom amps. That's NOT what the 339 from massdrop will look inside. That's also the 6C5/6J5/L63 version whereas the massdrop version is 6SJ7/6J4P. I posted a picture of the massdrop version so many pages back.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  12. MJS242
    Still trying to coordinate the effort. It's a busy time of year with orders so we're kind of taking a number with getting the adapters created. Also, with massdrop making a new offering there may be more people who are interested in adapters.

13. alphanumerix1
    Thanks for the info, I'll do some more research.

How do I know which input tube to choose?
    The 6J4P, 6SJ7, 5693, 6Ж4С version is brighter
    The 6C5, 6J5, 6J5G, 6J5GT, L63 version is warmer

Interesting, I'll read through the thread and report back.

14. MJS242
    If you buy from massdrop the 6SJ7/6J4P + all equivalents are your only options. Go back a few pages, there is a more complete list.

15. alphanumerix1
    After some reading i'll probably go with massdrop.

The warm set is interesting would put me over my budget by ordering through yuking directly.

maximus69 likes this.
First

Back
272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281
283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292
Next

Last