L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by pitbul34, Mar 22, 2017.
  1. Whitigir
    The bass in the 004 is indeed big and blooming. Replacing the Capacitors in the power section (Nichicon) into (chemicon) will tighten it up. But I love the 004 for what it is.

2. littlexx26
    can correct using cable?

3. Whitigir
    Doubt it, I have all silver wires in my system, even the power cord :). Probably explain why I love it the way it is

4. littlexx26
    i am currety using oyaide balance cable and inakusik 1603 silver speaker cable. want to try others to see what they can make any difference. where you got your all silver ones?

5. Whitigir
    I made them :)

6. littlexx26
    is it better than factory one?

7. Whitigir
    Lol, cant tell you that. But To my experiences and opinion, it is the best Cables that I have ever made and enjoyed, and that was why I made it :D . I don’t simply buy some junk wires and make, I tested and experienced countless of them before I decided which one I make to use. Using connector of UPOCC Solid and milled into connectors then Cryo treated. Then OCC solid core silver wires of 18AWG, OFC copper braided shielding. The materials alone would cost some arm and legs

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    RLugo likes this.
  8. littlexx26
    UPOCC soild silver is siltech grade cable. only high end makers use this

9. Whitigir
    Uh huh, what is wrong with going high-end :)

10. littlexx26
    lavricabes also all silver. is that good too?

11. Whitigir
    I tried his cables, and good indeed, but Interconnect cables is more than just that :). The best for your situation would be the best one you can find at the price you can afford

12. littlexx26
    have you tried inakustik air line cable? it would be very good if using silver material and their technique.

13. OscarJr
    I was having trouble playing some 48k wav files through the LKS. There was a lot of high-freq hiss/noise. I snagged the audio off of a youtube video I had downloaded using YouTube Downloader. I used the convert option and specified 48k sampling rate, but perhaps I should stick with 44.1k? Or could it be something else? My Resonessence Labs Concero HD had no such problems at all with the same files. I'm stumped. I have the latest Amanero drivers for Windows 10, and tried the Amanero WASAPI output as well as the Combo384 AISO output, but the results were the same. I cycled through all the settings on the 004 and nothing helped. As I said, I'm stumped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  14. Whitigir
    I really didn’t have money and time to try all different manufactured cables, and even if I was being sponsored, I don’t think I would waste my time. Cables is just cables, and materials is materials, then shielding is shielding. Those are the 3 essences of any cables, and if they are the right recipe and combination, the result is wonderful. Period. Therefore, that was what I did, and got me here :) I don’t buy snake oil, I skin the snake myself and then eat it

15. rafabro
    How you you know what is "wonderful result" if you never tried something different?