1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by pitbul34, Mar 22, 2017.
First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
Next

Last
  1. Xoverman
    Thanks for the feedback Bobb. Can you also please share your DSD Source settings with us?

2. b0bb
    I use the default for those settings.

3. MartinWT
    I tried a Topping D70 (based on AKM) in my system. It was ok, but in terms of detail resolution and sheer potency it lost out big time to the LKS. For me, the LKS with a better clock is very hard to beat for detail, bass, dynamics and soundstage.

motberg likes this.
  4. Lodwales81
    I was trying to make my mind up on going with the Lks da004 or the chord qutest. Originally I did purchase the LKS but the sale fell through. I live in the UK and in the end I went with chord as its sold locally so I could have a listen before purchasing. The chord dac is good but I it doesn't blow me away. I always wonder if the Lks would have been better but I was just put off by the fact that I was unable to listen before purchasing and any issues with the dac would involve shopping back to China.

5. Paul Staples
    What he said - seconded!
    004 is still tops and even better with a few small mods?

6. Lennym
    I can understand the feeling that buying an LKS is a bit of adventure, perhaps more bother than you want to endure. But these DACs seem to work without issues. IIRC, the only issue reported here a long time ago was a problem with the Amenaro board, and LKS sent a new one quickly. If there were to be a major issue, I think one would only have to send back the main board which is pretty easily lifted from the unit. Jinbo at LKS has been a great help to many people here--great English and fast replies.

7. xiamen
    Did anyone try the new Topping DX7 Pro. Read some really good reviews. Same ESS as LKS and I think half the price.

8. Xoverman
    Sory, I didn't express myself clearly. How are your settings in HQPlayer ( DSD source settings ) wenn converting DSD64 to DSD 512 ?

9. b0bb
    These are the settings I normally use
    hqp_settings.png

10. piaseczek
    How to contact Jinbo directly? I have send the e-mail to bleerock@126.com with no reply...

11. Xoverman
    Thanks Bobb, a picture says more than a thousand words :) . Those are the same settings I prefer.
    What's the setting "bit limit" for? And do you use the 004 as a 24bit DAC, even though it's a 32bit DAC?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  12. Xoverman
    Hy b0bb,
    did you ever change the caps in the signal path against "CGW glass caps for the analog bypass caps" ??

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:24 AM
  13. b0bb
    That is on the ALSA backend that is not connected to anything, ignore.

14. b0bb
    Not on the 004

15. sanvara
    Have you had a chance to try the newest SR Orange? Its supposed to be significantly better than Blue and isn't too much more expensive at $160.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019 at 4:24 PM
First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
Next

Last