L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #2,266 of 4,419
Adding warmth using tube stages is just another way of adding distortions. I want my signal unadulterated, as close to the master tape as it can be.

It's in the supports, power treatment, EMI/RFI suppression and cables that you can tune your system for best sound, provided your components are neutral to start with.
To each his own. Distortion is not a bad thing for some https://www.waves.com/add-harmonic-distortion-for-analog-warmth.

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #2,267 of 4,419
To each his own. Distortion is not a bad thing for some https://www.waves.com/add-harmonic-distortion-for-analog-warmth.

What a bunch of nonsense. The article is about the distortion of sound while recording popular music. Intentional distortion in this context is ubiquitous. Nothing new here. Tube guitar amps have been used for several generations because when overloaded they produce a distortion which a lot of people like. Not to mention distortion switches used by many pop musicians.

That has nothing to do with distortion in the reproduction of music. Though I will admit that some people like the distortion produced by old, old tube electronics. That, however, is long out of style.

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #2,268 of 4,419
Gents,

As always, you each have good points, and your opinions on these matters reflect that of large groups of audiophiles. However, we're drifting a little off topic, I think. :)

I, for one, would hate to lose the tremendously valuable insights each of you provides for any reason, but it would be particularly tragic if it came to pass over something off topic.

Best regards to you both.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #2,269 of 4,419
I'm going to install the copper shield in my LKS this weekend. I have a couple 12"x12" sheets. I've read here that it's important to ground the copper shield. Is this done by drilling through the copper and chassis and placing a screw through both, or is there a better way to do this?

Also, how worthwhile is it to make a copper wall between the back of the LCD screen and the circuit board?
I grounded my sheild by putting it under the transformer screws. It's importent to ground ! otherwise you have a receiver and transmitter for HF at the same time.

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #2,270 of 4,419
I grounded mine to the transformer mounting screw tag already holding the green ground leads.

Aug 9, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #2,271 of 4,419
Simple yet effective. No mess no skills needed. Just stick onto it. If you don't like, just remove it. Results are very very very good. No need scientific data. Just listen.
The texture of instruments, human voice is so detailed and lush without sacrificing resolution. And the harshness and glare are lowered even further. Background is darker. It feels like every single note has its' own dynamic, its' own 3D space.
The more tweaks I use, the more I believe the harshness is not caused by the 575 clock.
a.jpg
b.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #2,272 of 4,419
Simple yet effective. No mess No skills needed. Just stick onto it. If you don't like, just remove it. Results are very very very good. No need scientific data. Just listen.
The texture of instruments, human voice is so detailed and lush without sacrificing resolution. And the harshness and glare are lowered even further. Background is darker. It feels like every single note has its' own dynamic, its' own 3D space.
The more tweaks I use, the more I believe the harshness is not caused by the 575 clock.
67708283_516567905552483_5609020305512071168_n.jpg

67666019_516567932219147_8652778532000235520_n.jpg
is that Sorbothan ?

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #2,277 of 4,419
LoL

I orderd a few NaNo Sample Sets from them and placed them yesterday.
Good Results. Maybe the samples are to small but I will order the donuts too.

Regards
I have Black Discus Nano everywhere in my system. IEC power input, speaker output, interconnect output, LPS 1.2, notebook transformer, micro iusb, igalvanic, ipurifier...even the switch of the room light

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back