KZ ZSN Pro, ZST Pro, or anything else in that price range?
Apr 4, 2020 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BenA12345

New Head-Fier
I'm new to IEMs, and I would like to buy something budget for the first time. I'm looking for one with detachable cables, reasonably good sound, a CIEM look, and good noise isolation. Thanks!

Apr 4, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Well for that price range, I would hunt around ....in the last 2 month I picked up the fiio Fa1 £50.... the Fiio F9 £44, and the F9 pro, in a great deal with a player which worked out at £40. All brand new.

Apr 4, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 8
Hard to beat the zs10 pro for the money. Zsx might be the only thing. I have them and the tin t1 and t3. T1 is my work/workout set. I bounce between zs10 and t3, both with balanced cables, for casual listening.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 8
11203051.jpg

Apr 4, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm new to IEMs, and I would like to buy something budget for the first time. I'm looking for one with detachable cables, reasonably good sound, a CIEM look, and good noise isolation. Thanks!

Some budget sets I can recommend (all come with detachable cables):
1) **** - around $16 - 17 USD. Triple driver hybrid. Poor isolation but good soundstage. Rather balanced in tuning, good instrument separation, clarity, details. Timbre a bit artificial but it is only apparent for genres that use acoustic instruments. If it's mostly EDM, rock, pop genres, it is a very cheap and good set. It can be driven from a smartphone based on specs, but does better with amping, with the treble being brighter and more detailed/dynamic with amping (the piezo drivers used for the treble frequency do appreciate more juice).

2) TRN IM2 - around $15 - 20 USD. Built like a tank (nice resin shell), great isolation and comfort. V shaped, good details and clarity and instrument separation. My only complaints are it is too V shaped, so mids are a bit sucked out and the timbre is artificial like the above ****.

3) CCA C10 - sub $30 USD. check out reviews, quite all rounded. I don't have it personally, but reviews look quite good.

4) TRN V90 - has rave reviews on headfi, V shaped, good bass and good details/instrument separation/details. It is $30ish USD on Aliexpress. I think this is one of the better recent CHIFI releases.

5) BLON BL-03 - around $25 - 28 USD. great timbre/tonality, good for acoustic instrument predominant genres. Also a big hypetrain on CHIFI headfi thread now. It isn't that good in technicals, so not the best for complex instrumentation/multiple competing instruments or those wanting a more analytical sound. But the tuning is excellent, harmanish with midbass boost. Isolation lacking and it has poor stock tips +/- cables, so will need some aftermarket tips for most westerners due to the too short nozzle. As such, it may not be the best recommendation for new IEM users who don't know how to tiproll. But if u can switch tips/cables, the sound can compete with some $100 USD IEMs IMHO.

6) KBEAR KB04 - $30 USD. Good beginner set to this hobby, mild V shaped set, good midbass hump. Good technicals, good soundstage, comfortable, great isolation. Timbre occasionally artificial for treble frequencies and note weight on thinner side. Upper mids occasionally shouty but does more good than bad for sure.

7) Jade Audio EA3 - $40 USD. Another potential beginner set. V shaped, excellent subbass and treble extension. Wide soundstage, good technicals, comfortable. Timbre is poor. This is a bright IEM, so not the best for treble sensitive folks. Shell looks semi custom resin like.

All the best in your search! Hope others can chime in too with their recs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back